Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealership has been shut down and as such I am in the need to find a new one. I purchased my car from Joe Ricci Dodge in Dearborn and now the closest Dodge dealerships to my house are:

Telegraph Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep ~ approx. 4 miles

McInerney's Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep ~ approx. 8.5 miles

Crestwood Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep ~ approx 9.5 miles

Bill Snethkamp Dodge ~ approx 13 miles

I'm looking for one that is generally a "no hassle" type of dealer for service. I know more than enough about cars to know if someone is trying to give me the shaft, but I would just rather not deal with those people. Also, the one who is most "mod friendly" as well for future purchases, mostly due to being on this forum! :D

Any information anyone has on any of these dealerships service/parts departments would be greatly appreciated as I am getting close to my 6000 mile checkup already (after 2.5 months).

I'm not afraid to drive either if there is one within a few miles of one of these dealers that is better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
teez52,
Being a former Chrysler employee for 11 years, I got BAD service at many dealerships. I would have to print off TSB or safety recalls just to get the work done properly. Many times I could check my fault codes with an ODBII from work to find problems. Telling many of these dealers that I knew what went wrong, they still wanted to put the car on the computer to charge me $75. When taking my buyout I went to Orchard. They have been the only dealership that would actually tell me about rebuilt parts (starters) for an older Dodge that I had. They have been very good with my '08 Charger R/T on warranty work, no hassles. I know it is a haul from Dearborn as I used to work in Allen Park. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
174 Posts
teez52,
Being a former Chrysler employee for 11 years, I got BAD service at many dealerships. I would have to print off TSB or safety recalls just to get the work done properly. Many times I could check my fault codes with an ODBII from work to find problems. Telling many of these dealers that I knew what went wrong, they still wanted to put the car on the computer to charge me $75. When taking my buyout I went to Orchard. They have been the only dealership that would actually tell me about rebuilt parts (starters) for an older Dodge that I had. They have been very good with my '08 Charger R/T on warranty work, no hassles. I know it is a haul from Dearborn as I used to work in Allen Park. Just my $.02.
I'm with you. I've been using Orchard for the past 5 years for purchase and service. No problems. Well, one I have to drive by two other dealers that I have had problems with on my way there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, but I was hoping for somewhere closer to home (Allen Park). I'm just not sure that I want to make a 100 mile round trip. But if there is no where closer that's any good I just might have to. Hopefully someone will chime in with a closer one, maybe within a 40 mile round trip?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts