Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First i want to say hi to everyone on here. I am new to this forum and to the Charger World. I was never really into cars until I bought my Charger R/T a few months ago, and man am I addicted.

I found the emblems at the autotrucktoys web site.

There is an option for the fender emblem or nameplate emblem. Does anyone know the difference in size of these two?

Now what I was looking to do, and you can tell me if you think if it's a good idea, is to remove the Charger emblem that came on my '07 and put the old school script logo on the rear. I'm also getting the black honeycomb grille insert and I want to put one on there as well.

Any thoughts or words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Vinnie

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think I made the mistake of buying the Fender emblem instead of the Nameplate. IF Im correct the Nameplate Badge has two prongs and is Hollowed out, meaning you'd have to saw off the Prongs and use extra double sided tape. In other words if it is not going on your Grille pick the Nameplate. And Welcome to CF.com

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else? The advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I ordered them from l e e p a r t s . c o m and they also have 2. The cheaper 66-74 emblem has no prongs and is appox. 5 inches and the 71-74 is about 7.5 inches with 2 prongs and no tape. I used the smaller one's on my fenders and the larger one I sawed, filed and added tape to (pain in the @ss) on my trunk. The trunk has a curve and the r of charger is slightly coming off, the smaller one would be just fine back there, just make sure you apply pressure for a few minutes to try to stop the peeling effect. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Other way around, dude. '66-'74 has the prongs, vice versa.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I thought leeparts stopped making emblems try a u t h e n t i c d o d g e . c o m.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you search "Charger emblem" they will come up. Both the two sided tape one and the one with back-posts....though they seem to be a bit more expensive than some of the other sites.

·
Registered
518 Posts
check up on ebay..I found 2 for like 30 bucks shipped!! Great condition!! I did the honeycomb swap as well....be sure to wear long sleeves!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Man this reminds me of when I asked the same question. I got nowhere. Some people say the sticky back is one version and the pins the other. Then someone else comes and goes "no you have it backwards". Needless to say I still have the stock Charger logo on my trunk...

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Other way around, dude. '66-'74 has the prongs, vice versa.
Could be right, I got them about a year ago. Either way Leeparts still has them, search charger emblem. Then ask them the difference under contact us, that's how I did it. Either way, the bigger one has pins, the smaller has double sided tape.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Leeparts.com is a sponsor now btw. I found the 2 on their site:

* 1971-1974 Charger Fender Side - Held on With Two Sided Tape
* 1966-74 Charger - Mounts to Fender With Prongs

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Thank you!!! I think I'm going with the adhesive backing this time. On my RT I used the pin one and had to cut those off, epoxy the hollow back, use 3M adhesive tape, and then use a razor blade to slowly try to cut around the cursive. I don't want to do that again.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
yeah, I was backwards, whoopsy.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Thank you!!! I think I'm going with the adhesive backing this time. On my RT I used the pin one and had to cut those off, epoxy the hollow back, use 3M adhesive tape, and then use a razor blade to slowly try to cut around the cursive. I don't want to do that again.
yeah, that was a beyotch!!! I did that on my trunk.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Do you guys think the smaller script logo with the adhesive backing would look ok on the bottom left trunk with the stock SRT8 logo on the opposite side? It sounds like the SRT8 logo will be wider so I'm not sure if it would look funny with a smaller Charger script logo.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you guys think the smaller script logo with the adhesive backing would look ok on the bottom left trunk with the stock SRT8 logo on the opposite side? It sounds like the SRT8 logo will be wider so I'm not sure if it would look funny with a smaller Charger script logo.
I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking maybe the smaller one on the grille and the larger one on the bacK. If you guys think the smaller one looks good on the back then I will go with that one since it already has the two-sided tape. But if it looks awkward being too small, then I'll just shave off he pins on the larger one and do the necessary work needed to get the adhesive on the back....

BTW, what would be the necessary work needed to get the adhesive on the back of the larger one? :knockout: I read to fill it with epoxy and then put the two sided tape on back and cut around the curves. Any tips or tricks for doing all of this? Things NOT to do etc.?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking maybe the smaller one on the grille and the larger one on the bacK. If you guys think the smaller one looks good on the back then I will go with that one since it already has the two-sided tape. But if it looks awkward being too small, then I'll just shave off he pins on the larger one and do the necessary work needed to get the adhesive on the back....

BTW, what would be the necessary work needed to get the adhesive on the back of the larger one? :knockout: I read to fill it with epoxy and then put the two sided tape on back and cut around the curves. Any tips or tricks for doing all of this? Things NOT to do etc.?
It was pretty tedious when I did it. I just had to get one of those pen style razor blades with the triangular blades. Then it was just a matter of patience. Major pain! Plus it's so wide that curve of the trunk makes the "r" in Charger hard to get flush.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts