Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger SXT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 SXT Dodge Charger and I’ve had it since April screen started glitching like a month ago can’t even listen to the music at all. Took it to the Dodge Dealership but they say it’s out of Warranty and it’s gonna cost me $1,500 to get it replaced! Thought about taking it to the car lot I got it from but they are about 2 hours away an don’t feel like having them keep my car for days. Just aggravated at this point paying all this money for a messed up screen in my new car!!! Help! Any ideas !!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Look and see if it has a screen protector on it. Like the protectors people install on their phones only larger. Remove it if you have one installed and use an approved screen cleaner to wipe it down and see if that helps.

Sounds to me the radio is definitely on the fritz and needs replacement. Some folks will recommend disconnecting the battery for a hard reset. My past experience is it will not help. But that is another trick you can try.

Failure of multifunction radios is not a rare occurrence in these cars.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,665 Posts
How can one trust a new one?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
If you pay for a new one it will come with a limited warranty but other than that the answer to your question is you cant trust a new one will be better. It's that way with everything Dodge has as I learned when the strut mount went out on my new car and the new OEM replacement strut mount was bad out of the box but they didn't know that until they circled back around and replaced it a second time after replacing every other suspension component on that side.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger SXT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2017 SXT Dodge Charger and I’ve had it since April screen started glitching like a month ago can’t even listen to the music at all. Took it to the Dodge Dealership but they say it’s out of Warranty and it’s gonna cost me $1,500 to get it replaced! Thought about taking it to the car lot I got it from but they are about 2 hours away an don’t feel like having them keep my car for days. Just aggravated at this point paying all this money for a messed up screen in my new car!!! Help! Any ideas !!
Replacement of unit is about the only choice. How you do it can vary
Dear god idk what ima do about this

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger SXT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look and see if it has a screen protector on it. Like the protectors people install on their phones only larger. Remove it if you have one installed and use an approved screen cleaner to wipe it down and see if that helps.

Sounds to me the radio is definitely on the fritz and needs replacement. Some folks will recommend disconnecting the battery for a hard reset. My past experience is it will not help. But that is another trick you can try.

Failure of multifunction radios is not a rare occurrence in these cars.
Yeah I know the Dealership told me it’s very common they have a Screen out like every other day on Chargers. They need to recall this ASAP! what would you do tho?

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger SXT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you pay for a new one it will come with a limited warranty but other than that the answer to your question is you cant trust a new one will be better. It's that way with everything Dodge has as I learned when the strut mount went out on my new car and the new OEM replacement strut mount was bad out of the box but they didn't know that until they circled back around and replaced it a second time after replacing every other suspension component on that side.
Damn man that’s crazy! Ugh why are cars so freaking aggravating? I really don’t know what to do at this point. What would you do honestly? Your honest answer ….

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Damn man that’s crazy! Ugh why are cars so freaking aggravating? I really don’t know what to do at this point. What would you do honestly? Your honest answer ….
In addition to reaching out to DodgeCares as POWERMAN suggested I would head back to your local Dodge service advisor and service manager (or another nearby Dodge service department ) and inquire about goodwill assistance with the repair or replacement. Some dealerships set aside money to assist with repairs.

There are alsk repair shops that can replace just the touch screen on the radio. If you google UConnect screen repair you should find them. Call them and discuss repair options and cost. I inserted a couple links. One is a random repair shop and it contains a business number. Another place that does some screen replacement is infotainment.com. call the number in the link for that place and discuss the issue you are having and if they do not support your year Charger they might be able to redirect you.

https://www.enormis.net/oem-screen-replacement-restores-functionality-in-2017-dodge-charger/

Repair Service - FCA Uconnect Touch 8.4-inch Touchscreen Display Screen

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks for tagging us directly and bringing this to our attention, @POWERMAN ! We're sorry to hear about the delaminating you're noticing with your screen and the costs that may be incurred. If you'd like additional support while working with your dealer to get this addressed, as well as get the opportunity to discuss possible cost assistance, please feel free to send our team a private message so we can look into this for you.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger SXT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In addition to reaching out to DodgeCares as POWERMAN suggested I would head back to your local Dodge service advisor and service manager (or another nearby Dodge service department ) and inquire about goodwill assistance with the repair or replacement. Some dealerships set aside money to assist with repairs.

There are alsk repair shops that can replace just the touch screen on the radio. If you google UConnect screen repair you should find them. Call them and discuss repair options and cost. I inserted a couple links. One is a random repair shop and it contains a business number. Another place that does some screen replacement is infotainment.com. call the number in the link for that place and discuss the issue you are having and if they do not support your year Charger they might be able to redirect you.

https://www.enormis.net/oem-screen-replacement-restores-functionality-in-2017-dodge-charger/

Repair Service - FCA Uconnect Touch 8.4-inch Touchscreen Display Screen
Thank you so much !!! I appreciate it !

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I bought a new 2017 Scat Pack
Car only has 15k miles. My first Dodge. Unless the dealer repairs it I'll fix and sell it. Out of the Dodge business for good.
This is a known issue and happens across several platforms. If the dealership doesn't help you, contact @DodgeCares and see if they'll help you.

Getting mad at Dodge because something they didn't make just doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack
1,113 Posts
Take a look at these videos about replacing or repairing the screen.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger SXT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought a new 2017 Scat Pack
Car only has 15k miles. My first Dodge. Unless the dealer repairs it I'll fix and sell it. Out of the Dodge business for good.
That’s crazy don’t make no sense expensive car but things be wrong and Yeah I definitely agree with you on that like I’m over it

·
Registered
2017 dodge charger AWD SXT
5 Posts
I'm going through the same nonsense. 2017 SXT. The radio is all over the place like someone with a million fingers is touch the screen. It only happens when the heat is on. I have to keep the climate set to the floor and it still happens only later. Ridiculous! There's no way I'm paying $850 for something that will happen again. That would be rewarding them for bad behavior. Warped brake disks in 25k miles, horns broke, spark plug boots failed on cylinder 6. 5 Hours to take air intake off. flickering headlight with burning fuse, $200 for a head light (bought open item for $20 on amz). Top of door panel warped/lifted off door (the sun). Fuel pressure sensor in rear wheel well. It's all the same nonsense. That same car with cloth seats and no special package is 43k for 2022. Mine was loaded for 37k. Then I got it for 30k. $200 per hour from the dealer? Now I have to play mechanic all over again. Nice car but the dumbest sht breaks on the car. Everything you see on YouTube I have. Pffft. I had the car I wanted once in my life. Now it's back to Hyundai. Over 200k with no problems and you get rid of them. Dodge, YOU SUCK!

·
Registered
2017 dodge charger AWD SXT
5 Posts
I have the same exact problem on my 2017 SXT. It's definitely from the heat. I have to put it to the floor because the dash gets hot. Even with a cool radii the Bluetooth keep disconnecting. All I hear is bloopbloop bloopbloop bloopbloop. I have to shut the radio off. And I'm not rewarding them by paying $850 for a screen that will break again. Looking through Amz. Amz say screen will fit my car. Or the junkyard. I'm wondering if the plastic around the screen is causing it. Now I have to play mechanic and take the dashboard cover off and see if it still does it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts