Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a very loud screeching sound has started coming from somewhere in my car. It only happens when its really cold outside. (below freezing, i'm from the south so I know it's not really that cold) It happens only when I'm moving and it doesn't matter if I'm accelerating, braking, or just coasting. Any ideas what it could be? I thought it could be the serpentine belt but I replaced that and it didn't fix anything. Also, the screech is high pitched.

2011 Charger SE
3.6 Pentastar 5 speed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish it was something that simple. If I'm being more elaborate it sounds kind of like nails on a chalkboard.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Could be a wheel bearing seizing.....get it up on lift at a service place...usually a free check I would assume, ..stethoscope listening to hand spin of each wheel..Maybe add eng run for rear check..

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
If it's coming from the engine compartment it could be the serpentine belt, one of the idler pulleys or the belt tensioner.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Since you stated that it only happens when moving, I would check the brakes pads and rotors. They could be warn down or a rock could have gotten logged in there. If thats not the case, then wheel hubs would be next on the list to checkout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts