Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New MOPAR owner here. Came from a 91’ Lexus LS400 to a 2020 Scatpack. Recently been wanting to learn how to properly do burnouts. I’ve used line lock and it’s tons of fun, but I want to be able to pull up on an empty road, hold the brakes a lil, get her spinning and do some rolling burnouts.
I tried today for the first time, stopped, held down the traction off button and waited for it to turn off, put it in “manual mode”, held the brakes and hit the gas till I started spinning. By the time I looked down, I was hitting 6k rpms. I am not comfortable hitting 6k Rpms and was wondering if I even did a burnout correctly? Should I leave the car in auto? Shift gears mid burnout? Or start in a higher gear? I don’t plan on burning rubber aggressively like this often, but I’d like to make sure I’m doing it correctly when I do. Thank you In advance!!!

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
83 Posts
I have a 2021 and it's pretty effortless to do rolling burnouts if it's in sport mode. I haven't tried it using the paddle shifters in "manual" mode, but leaving it in drive does a solid rolling burnout through at least 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2021 and it's pretty effortless to do rolling burnouts if it's in sport mode. I haven't tried it using the paddle shifters in "manual" mode, but leaving it in drive does a solid rolling burnout through at least 1st and 2nd.
I’ll have to check it out. I haven’t messed with it much. Tried one the other day in the regular “drive” mode and forgot to turn off traction control lol, that didn’t go how I planned. So when I tried again yesterday, I turned it off and went into manual. But I’ll try turning it off n just giving her a good amount of gas. I’ve been driving the car pretty light in the lower gears since I got it, something about hitting those higher rpms in 1st n 2nd always made me feel weird. Most the times I’ve been slamming my foot down has been on a 40-60 roll lol. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, love the car. Wish I got something other than white lmao

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll have to check it out. I haven’t messed with it much. Tried one the other day in the regular “drive” mode and forgot to turn off traction control lol, that didn’t go how I planned. So when I tried again yesterday, I turned it off and went into manual. But I’ll try turning it off n just giving her a good amount of gas. I’ve been driving the car pretty light in the lower gears since I got it, something about hitting those higher rpms in 1st n 2nd always made me feel weird, so I haven’t really
What’s wrong with white ? View attachment 298634
see you have what I’m planning to do. I’m just plain wait rn, I love the octane red and hell raisin colors, so I kinda wish I went with one of those two. But I still absolutely LOVE my car, I need some racing stripes like you have tho, it’s the next thing on the list. I wanna throw some thin purple stripes around the outside to highlight the racing stripes tho.

·
Registered
501 Posts
What’s wrong with white ? View attachment 298634
On a empty road I put the car in either sport or track mode.
I use the left paddle to go into 1st gear
Then I just nail the throttle and hold it there.
Burns rubber all the way to 4th gear just need to do a little steering correction while the car try to go sideways.
Everyone I have taken for a ride while doing this is quite impressed.
Once again I only do this on a road that doesn’t have any traffic or houses 😱

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On a empty road I put the car in either sport or track mode.
I use the left paddle to go into 1st gear
Then I just nail the throttle and hold it there.
Burns rubber all the way to 4th gear just need to do a little steering correction while the car try to go sideways.
Everyone I have taken for a ride while doing this is quite impressed.
Once again I only do this on a road that doesn’t have any traffic or houses 😱
So, unless I actually move the stick over to manual mode, the car will still shift on its own? Usually when I downshift to first using the paddles, while my car is in “drive”, it just seems to hit high rpms and not shift. But I usually let off the gas before it redlines. So maybe I’m just bitching out to early and gotta let her really open up. I’ll check this out, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
501 Posts
So, unless I actually move the stick over to manual mode, the car will still shift on its own? Usually when I downshift to first using the paddles, while my car is in “drive”, it just seems to hit high rpms and not shift. But I usually let off the gas before it redlines. So maybe I’m just bitching out to early and gotta let her really open up. I’ll check this out, thanks for the info!
You don’t have to manually shift it just shift it into first an let the computer do the rest .
Watch out it can be habit forming 🤣

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Those are some nice white cars, but I am not a white car fan for myself. I'm boring and like black. Kind of like GoMango and that green, very nice looking be not for me.

Those black stripes look very nice, and the next one posted with the red also looks very nice.

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
148 Posts
I have similar questions, as I never used to do this in my old car.
For the record, white is sexy af.

When you manually shiftdown into 1st and floor it, wouldnt you hit redline? Or is it because its not a true manual that....the computer will shift up up for you anyway after a bit of spinning?
Should traction control be totally off or semi off for this?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Computer up shifts for you or you can manually shift it yourself.
Computer seems to get it right
Just remember to hold on and correct if you start to go sideways.
If you go far enuff sideways that you 💩 just back off the throttle.🤣

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
What's wrong with White? That's easy It makes me want to trade in my Pitch Black and go back to White. That's what's wrong with it.
Just put some white stripes on it and nickname it Pepe Le Pew.

I have a black car already and that is enough. It's a royal pain to maintain. I went with default white on the scat and the only problem was constant bug removal up front. Other than that it's pretty much maintenance free unless you want to treat the paint to see water sheet off it.

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
148 Posts
Computer up shifts for you or you can manually shift it yourself.
Computer seems to get it right
Just remember to hold on and correct if you start to go sideways.
If you go far enuff sideways that you 💩 just back off the throttle.🤣
Interesting I guess that begs the question if they computer is upshifting for you anyway, what is the difference between doing that in auto stick mode and in regular drive mode?

Traction control? Semi on? Kind of on?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Those are some nice white cars, but I am not a white car fan for myself. I'm boring and like black. Kind of like GoMango and that green, very nice looking be not for me.

Those black stripes look very nice, and the next one posted with the red also looks very nice.
I'm with you on that... high impact colors are great.... for other people. I had the the ultimate black car a '96 Impala SS but now I really like grey. Have always love Granite, Maximum Steel and Destroyer Gray. Was sad to see DG go. Smoke Show is a bit too bright for me and I dislike the silver.

Nothing is wrong with white until you park it next to just about any other color... ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts