Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second installment in my newbie "is this normal" series...

In the pics below you see the disc looks to have original paint left on the outer edge of the disc surface. Seems like the brake pad should be contacting the entire disc surface and wearing the paint off evenly but, is this normal?

Automotive tire Locking hubs Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle brake

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Tread

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
This is the second installment in my newbie "is this normal" series...

In the pics below you see the disc looks to have original paint left on the outer edge of the disc surface. Seems like the brake pad should be contacting the entire disc surface and wearing the paint off evenly but, is this normal?

View attachment 308015

View attachment 308016
They changed in '19 (I think) and redesigned the pads to not sweep the full rotor. It's SUPPOSED to cut down on squeaky brakes. Idk if it worked or not lol

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Interesting. So far no squeaks, but I can't remember the last time I had a car with squeaky brakes.
The Brembos are horrid for dust and noise. It doesn't even matter what car they're on, they're just generally noisy.

There is nothing more embarrassing than pulling up to a light in an $60k+ car and having the brakes scream until you're stopped lol.

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
750 Posts
The Brembos are horrid for dust and noise. It doesn't even matter what car they're on, they're just generally noisy.

There is nothing more embarrassing than pulling up to a light in an $60k+ car and having the brakes scream until you're stopped lol.
I hate the noise you hit it on the head when you have a 500hp car (obviously we know you’re double that punisher lmao) and you hear that I’m just like well hopefully my exhaust covered that noise 😂😂

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
How are the pricing on those? Just the pads?
Well, I kind of mucked up a rotor replacing one of my axles. I bent the dust shield into the rotor. I'm deaf in one ear so I couldn't hear it. Wife heard it but by then it was too late lol.

I got all 4 pads and cross drilled/ slotted rotors from rockauto for (at the time) like $500...a few years ago

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
750 Posts
Well, I kind of mucked up a rotor replacing one of my axles. I bent the dust shield into the rotor. I'm deaf in one ear so I couldn't hear it. Wife heard it but by then it was too late lol.

I got all 4 pads and cross drilled/ slotted rotors from rockauto for (at the time) like $500...a few years ago
Just the pads aren’t too expensive tho compared to competitors? Brembos and power stops?

·
Registered
6 Posts
There was another post about this somewhere showing that the brake pads were changed and that they where made shorter causing this effect of not sweeping the entire rotor. It seems to be specific to certain year models. I don't have that happening in my 21 scat

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the pics underneath you see the circle hopes to have unique paint left on the external edge of the plate surface. Seems like the brake cushion ought to contact the whole circle surface and wearing the paint off equitably however, is this typical?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts