Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear brakes are not wiping correctly IMO. Has anyone seen this before, or is this normal? You can actually feel the difference in the thickness at this line.

Fun facts;

2019 Scat Pack Charger w\ Dynamics Package
1500 miles
NO track use or repeated aggressive stops
Front brakes appear normal
both rear rotors look like this
and NO I don't drive around with my E-Brake on😂

Any thoughts on this, or people with similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Wait for krautmaster. He’s our brake guru. He’ll be able to help you out.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Possibly the wrong pads installed? Wouldn't be the first time.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'm gonna say wrong pads. You can clearly see there is no contact on the outer 1/4" of the rotor. It should be almost all the way to the edge.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Wait for krautmaster. He’s our brake guru. He’ll be able to help you out.
Not abnormal at all, depending on the pad you have installed, some of them do not sweep the entire rotor..see pics of my BT9 rear rotors, the 1766 pads leave a ring on the inner and outer portion of the rotor. Do you have Brembo rear calipers? Some of the pads in those also leaves a "ring" (yours does look too large)

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I started a big thread about this a month ago? Brembo says these are the correct pad/number, but I'm awaiting an answer from the guy in Italy. I asked the Hellcat board too, since they use the same rears. Doesn't appear normal though. I've used this same pad, #1053, for many years, and haven't seen this. Even the replacements are different.
20191226_123606_resized.jpg

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
All of the cars with Brembo brakes, whether it be the 6 piston or 4 piston up front utilize the same rears if I remember correctly. I replaced the stock packs with Power Stop Z26 and both sets of pads wore to within about 1/16" of the edge of the rotor. I can see a slight variation, but that seems to be way too much of a gap of the rotor not being used. I don't stare at people's rotors all day, but I've never seen that before.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just recently responded to a similar thread. My rear pads have full contact. Apparently the newer chargers don't have a full with pad for some reason. I have a 17 scat pack

·
Registered
383 Posts
The thread I was thi king about was on the Z forum. The OP had a 19 Charger, not sure about Dynamics package or not. Here was his rear rotor

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I started a big thread about this a month ago? Brembo says these are the correct pad/number, but I'm awaiting an answer from the guy in Italy. I asked the Hellcat board too, since they use the same rears. Doesn't appear normal though. I've used this same pad, #1053, for many years, and haven't seen this. Even the replacements are different. View attachment 291619
That one on the right is the weirdest pad I've ever seen..ditch it quick!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't know that I'd start jumping to conclusions about the pads here. This could be done for proper brake balance. The front 6 piston brembos are going to have a greater braking force than the 4 piston fronts for a given pedal pressure. It would make sense that less braking force is needed at the back for a given pedal pressure with the 4 piston fronts.

Sometimes proportioning valves are used to regulate front to rear brake bias, maybe this is how brembo/srt is accomplishing it. If so, adding more braking force at the back could lead to the backs locking before the rears. Granted the abs will step in pretty quickly, but it's still less than ideal.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bias is one thing, but this is something else I believe. Plus, the bias shifts with an empty car vs. a fully loaded one too. You can NOT buy a replacement pad like this, so that's another thing. I cannot wait to hear what their answer is; if there is one.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not abnormal at all, depending on the pad you have installed, some of them do not sweep the entire rotor..see pics of my BT9 rear rotors, the 1766 pads leave a ring on the inner and outer portion of the rotor. Do you have Brembo rear calipers? Some of the pads in those also leaves a "ring" (yours does look too large)
Yes I have the rear Brembos, Dynamics Package.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Like I said previously, just drop by the dealership and ask them if the wear pattern is correct and if the correct pads are installed. Or was a design change recently implemented. I see 5 days worth of postings and it appears you're no closer to resolving this. A couple hours of drive time including examination by the dealer service and parts department could very likely provide an answer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2019 Scat Pack with Dynamics package has the same sweep area on the rear rotors. I’d also like to see it if someone has a fully swept rear rotor.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts