Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In The current auto market, is $43,410 a decent price for a new 2021 Scat Pack with the plus package as the only additional option? Never owned a more performance oriented Dodge also. Currently have a 19 Ram Laramie redesign however.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
232 Posts
Right now Scats prices are extremely volatile. Normally I would say that is a horrible price and you should look elsewhere, but in todays climate that may not be a bad price. Honestly unless you need one right now I would wait until the world normalizes a little. I bought mine in 2019 right before the world went to shitt, my sticker was $49ish call it $50 with tax tags and fees. I left the dealership at $36,500. To each his own and the instant gratification culture, but I would say wait 6 months to a year. Not only that there are a bunch of people right now buying these cars with the government handing out free money that really can't afford them, the very low mileage used market should be fat at about the same time driving down new car prices.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If it’s the car that rocks your world buy it
If it’s just ok color and options wise pass
Supply and demand not much supply and lots of demand.
If your looking for a American Muscle Car you can’t go wrong!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it’s the car that rocks your world buy it
If it’s just ok color and options wise pass
Supply and demand not much supply and lots of demand.
If your looking for a American Muscle Car you can’t go wrong!!!!!
Sounds good! It only has halogen headlamps, any tips on changing it be more like the driver convenience package lights?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I would stay away unless you absolutely just HAVE to have it NOW.

It is what it is, and for the current market you'll have to pay it. But as I believe KAS said, slightly over a year ago you were getting new Scat Packs in the mid-$30's. 3-4 years ago you could get a used, sub-$30k mile Scat Pack or Daytona in the low $30s. Also keep in mind that brand new Scat Pack for $43k or whatever you posted is almost identical to the car that was originally released almost 7 years ago as a 2015 model year.

If you can pay cash, or put something substantial down, or can get it on a 36 month term, it won't sting as much. But when the market levels out you could find yourself in some serious negative equity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would stay away unless you absolutely just HAVE to have it NOW.

It is what it is, and for the current market you'll have to pay it. But as I believe KAS said, slightly over a year ago you were getting new Scat Packs in the mid-$30's. 3-4 years ago you could get a used, sub-$30k mile Scat Pack or Daytona in the low $30s. Also keep in mind that brand new Scat Pack for $43k or whatever you posted is almost identical to the car that was originally released almost 7 years ago as a 2015 model year.

If you can pay cash, or put something substantial down, or can get it on a 36 month term, it won't sting as much. But when the market levels out you could find yourself in some serious negative equity.
Maybe I should wait then. Got to thinking and this is even higher than I paid for my 16 Camaro SS I got when they first came out. Do we know when we may get a next gen Charger?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just remember that the new management at
Dodge is doing away with all the SRT products.
Within the next 2 years you can say bye bye to all the Dodge muscle cars.
Like I said early on if this is your dream car buy it if not keep searching for the right car.
I enjoy my 2020 Scat however if at the end of the year if can get a Charger Hellcat Redeye I will buy one.
Who wouldn’t want the fastest factory production car !!!!
Prices go up every year not down one can only hope for a huge factory rebates

·
Registered
10 Posts
I paid 45,000 for one a couple weeks ago for a Scat pack that stickered at 50,000. Felt like I was getting a decent deal. Not great, but decent. The kicker is I sold my RT outright for a great price to another dealership was able to turn around and upgrade to a Scat Pack with the technology package and only raise my monthly by about 30 bucks. These are wierd times with the semiconductor shortage and covid. I also feel that we may be closing in on the end of the 2nd "muscle car" era and if you want something new you better snag it in the next couple years. Hopefully I'm wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just remember that the new management at
Dodge is doing away with all the SRT products.
Within the next 2 years you can say bye bye to all the Dodge muscle cars.
Like I said early on if this is your dream car buy it if not keep searching for the right car.
I enjoy my 2020 Scat however if at the end of the year if can get a Charger Hellcat Redeye I will buy one.
Who wouldn’t want the fastest factory production car !!!!
Prices go up every year not down one can only hope for a huge factory rebates View attachment 298811
Just gonna wait this car craze out and see if I'll be able to get one more off MSRP later on

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my widebody about a month ago. Paid 45k for it. Not a great deal but decent. Stickered at $48900. Was the only one available for over 300 miles. So if you want it, then buy it. I love mine.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
FCA/Stellantis is starting go wonkers with some of their pricing on other models. I just noticed Jeep charges for every paint color except default White on their Wranglers. Whereas Dodge still has zero charge for paint colors. I think its a short matter of time before FCA starts adding fees for everything just like the airlines. When you see Dodge ditch the free 1 year Sirius subscription on new cars that will be the indicator.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
FCA/Stellantis is starting go wonkers with some of their pricing on other models. I just noticed Jeep charges for every paint color except default White on their Wranglers. Whereas Dodge still has zero charge for paint colors. I think its a short matter of time before FCA starts adding fees for everything just like the airlines. When you see Dodge ditch the free 1 year Sirius subscription on new cars that will be the indicator.
Just trying to squeeze every last penny out of their lineup. Nothing new other than the Jeep Grand Cherokee in a decade. If gas prices soar that'll be the end of anything other than Jeep and maybe RAM from Stellantis. Considering they're still pumping out the Charger which is largely unchanged in over 7 years I don't think the future is looking to bright for FCA.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought my widebody about a month ago. Paid 45k for it. Not a great deal but decent. Stickered at $48900. Was the only one available for over 300 miles. So if you want it, then buy it. I love mine.
if that is a 2021 then you got a great deal. if its a 2020 then you got a fair deal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts