Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just recently bought a 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody from a small dealership. The car had 15,000 miles when I bought it. The car was a theft recovery, so I got a great deal on it. It was running well except the car would occasionally refuse to shift. Giving it significant gas, it would reach 5-7k rpm and just not shift. (feels like 2nd ->3rd gear) The engine would scream and it stutter/jerk. I would then let off the gas, and the car would stay in 5k+ rpm for a few seconds before upshifting and revving down. I then learned to ease into the gas, and after taking it easy a couple times I could give it good gas without it stuttering like that. A few days after buying it, the check engine light came on - P0307 Cylinder 7 misfire.

After this, I decided to take the car to an official Dodge dealership since it is still under warranty. I mentioned the shifting issue and they assured me there is no transmission issues as it posted no error codes. I left the car with them for a few weeks. According to the receipt, they replaced the Camshaft, lifters, gasket, solenoid, tappets, pushrods, seals, and rocker arms. (see attached) After receiving the vehicle it continued this behavior. I disregarded it as after warming up, it goes away. A few days have gone by and now my check engine light is back with the same code. I plan to take it back to the dealership I had it repaired at.

I just don't understand how this could keep happening. Could someone help me understand what could be wrong with the vehicle at this point. It has never made any ticking/grinding noises from the start, and otherwise runs fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,591 Posts
Move the coil to a different cylinder.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Grub:
Congrats on the new to you SP. You might want to keep the part about the theft recovery to yourself when it comes to dealer servicing. Some dealers can be real Adam Henries, and have denied warranty work for much less. The warranty saved you at least $4k. Most new car warranties have a clause stating that if the vehicle has been totaled/written off, or similar, the warranty is null and void.
I would go back, and let them continue to trouble shoot.

Good luck, and keep us posted please!

Don

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Hello @grubite!

Our team is sorry to hear about your vehicle's cylinder concerns and would like to assist. Please send our team a private message with the date of your most recent dealer appointment to get started. We hope to hear and circle back with you soon!

Hannah
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Charger 392 Scatpack 6.4L
93 Posts
Hello, I just recently bought a 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody from a small dealership. The car had 15,000 miles when I bought it. The car was a theft recovery, so I got a great deal on it. It was running well except the car would occasionally refuse to shift. Giving it significant gas, it would reach 5-7k rpm and just not shift. (feels like 2nd ->3rd gear) The engine would scream and it stutter/jerk. I would then let off the gas, and the car would stay in 5k+ rpm for a few seconds before upshifting and revving down. I then learned to ease into the gas, and after taking it easy a couple times I could give it good gas without it stuttering like that. A few days after buying it, the check engine light came on - P0307 Cylinder 7 misfire.

After this, I decided to take the car to an official Dodge dealership since it is still under warranty. I mentioned the shifting issue and they assured me there is no transmission issues as it posted no error codes. I left the car with them for a few weeks. According to the receipt, they replaced the Camshaft, lifters, gasket, solenoid, tappets, pushrods, seals, and rocker arms. (see attached) After receiving the vehicle it continued this behavior. I disregarded it as after warming up, it goes away. A few days have gone by and now my check engine light is back with the same code. I plan to take it back to the dealership I had it repaired at.

I just don't understand how this could keep happening. Could someone help me understand what could be wrong with the vehicle at this point. It has never made any ticking/grinding noises from the start, and otherwise runs fine.
@grubite

hey how did it work out for you what was the outcome? I got a 2020 scatpack Charger purchased brand new no warning no problems driving just started the car the engine light came on I checked and got the misfire code p0306 immediately after my engine seized up. I’m waiting on information about the tear down, but this shouldn’t be happening on such new vehicles lmk please thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts