Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any warranty issues with changing your oil yourself. I still have 16 months of warranty left.

· Registered
7,577 Posts
No, because I never had a warranty claim involving the engine.

And even if I need to file a warranty on the powertrain I would be able to present a complete service history including receipts and details of the brands used.

· Registered
8,286 Posts
Just keep the receipts for the materials and log when you do them and mileage. Given the shenanigans with Stellantis and warranties, I basically ignored the advice I just gave you and used good filters and synthetic oil and called it a day. If they want to deny a claim, they'll find a reason.

Best,

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Owner's Manual itself says you can change your own oil, just have to keep a record and have receipts, check it out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
OK, I got the Pennzoil 0-40 SRT oil & the recommended filter from Amazon. My last oil change at the dealer was less than $100. Now it's over $200!

· Registered
8,286 Posts
OK, I got the Pennzoil 0-40 SRT oil & the recommended filter from Amazon. My last oil change at the dealer was less than $100. Now it's over $200!
That's insane. I never bothered with the Pennzoil because it was a pain in the rump to find any. I variously used Mobil1 0W-40 or Rotella T6 5W-40 (which I preferred).

Best,

· Registered
5,726 Posts
I haven't gone to the dealer for an oil change in probably 5+ years and it was $169.99 back then. It's probably over $200 there as well.

My wife's Infiniti was the same, and her MB was $229.00 I believe.

· Registered
2018 Scat Pack
1,137 Posts
Mopar has a coupon but only some dealers accept it. About a year ago it was 3 changes for $100. My local dealer stopped accepting it. I went to another dealer & had to pay the upcharge for 7 quarts & they charged me $185 total which included tax. That's $61.67 per oil & filter change using the approved Pennzoil & Mopar filter. Sometimes they use the 041 filter & sometimes the 899 filter. YMMV.

Font Electric blue Signage Brand Graphics

· Registered
2020 Charger Scatpack
110 Posts
That's definitely a good deal. Too bad I didn't get that coupon. 😊
If you download the Mopar companion app from apple or google store they have a tab on the app that's nothing but coupons and discounts I have used 2 coupons for cheaper oil change and some other work. My dealer takes them no problem if yours doesn't then id raise hell or find another dealer

Font Material property Gas Rectangle Electric blue

· Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,274 Posts
I haven't gone to the dealer for an oil change in probably 5+ years and it was $169.99 back then. It's probably over $200 there as well.

My wife's Infiniti was the same, and her MB was $229.00 I believe.
Man I struck excellent deal having my oil changes done for free by my dealer as a part of my deal. I haven't paid for an oil change in many years. Recently we got the wife's car oil change done at Jiffy lube and it was over $100.00, I forget the actual price but I was a bit shocked on what oil changes cost these days.

· Registered
2018 Scat Pack
1,137 Posts
If you download the Mopar companion app from apple or google store they have a tab on the app that's nothing but coupons and discounts I have used 2 coupons for cheaper oil change and some other work. My dealer takes them no problem if yours doesn't then id raise hell or find another dealer
My local dealer stopped taking that 3 for $145 coupon but took others. But I found 3 other dealers in the area that did accept that coupon. I had to drive a few extra miles but no big deal.

· Registered
'22 SPWB +, Octane Red, Carbon stripes, H/K audio, MSG wheels. Delivered and picking up April 29th.
176 Posts
Has anyone had any warranty issues with changing your oil yourself. I still have 16 months of warranty left.
Always done the oil changes my self. Safe under the right to repair act. I would definitely document the parts used and mileage for possible warranty issues down the road.

· Registered
2,568 Posts
Always done the oil changes my self. Safe under the right to repair act. I would definitely document the parts used and mileage for possible warranty issues down the road.
I do it myself so I know exactly what goes in it. I don’t trust a service manager pinching dollars telling the Techs the coupon deal of the day gets non-synthetic. And I’m not paying $200 for an oil change. It’s like the $500 they wanted to charge me for a spare keyfob. I locked down the car for much less.

I bought the recommended SRT oil but I’m still leary about it having used Mobil1 5w40 for years with very good results.

Do these Hemis run dirty? I was surprised to see the oil looking a bit dirty at just 1000 miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts