Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

I bought these wheels about a month ago. They were a take off set from a Scat Pack Challenger with the appearance package. I mounted two of the wheels on my Charger today to get a preview of what they'd look like before I lower the car and to my disappointment they didn't knock my socks off like I was hoping they would, so I've decided to bite the bullet and let them go and keep the Chrome Clads.

They're 2015 take offs, so obviously they're in excellent condition. I haven't even unwrapped two of them from their shipping material since I only mounted two on the drivers side just to see what they'd look like. They're 20x9, +18.5 offset, and have Goodyear RS-A2 245/45-ZR20 tires mounted. No spacers needed on R/Ts since the offset is lower than the other SRT wheels. The tires are basically brand new with no tread wear. Center caps included as well as the TPMS. I put them on the scale and the tire/wheel/TPMS combo weighs in at 56lbs total.

I'm not looking to make any money on these, I'm just trying to recoup what I have into them. I'm asking $1825 picked up (exactly what I paid for them) in the Nashville, TN area or $2150 shipped to the US48 (that price covers shipping and the PayPal fees so you don't have to send the payment as a gift). Feel free to reply with any questions or PM with any interest.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Pm sent

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've decided to hold onto these until I have the suspension installed to see if they grow on me. Mods feel free to close the thread for now.

Reactions: RScottyL

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I've decided to hold onto these until I have the suspension installed to see if they grow on me. Mods feel free to close the thread for now.
Good decision man, I'll keep my eyes open. Post some pics when you get everything done! I'm sure it will look awesome!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good decision man, I'll keep my eyes open. Post some pics when you get everything done! I'm sure it will look awesome!
For sure, man. Thanks again for the interest. I will post photos and keep you in the loop if I decide to let them go, you'll be the first to know.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've decided to proceed with the sale of these wheels. Just changed my mind on the look. Feel free to contact me via PM with any interest.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saturday morning bump...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good luck on the sale. I'm local and resisting the urge and the resulting smack to the head my wife would give me. LOL

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've decided to proceed with the sale of these wheels. Just changed my mind on the look. Feel free to contact me via PM with any interest.
Man, you didn't wait long enough for the look to grow on you. hahahaha. I'm sure someone will buy these soon. The more I look at your pix, I think it's the actual tires that throw off the look. Those tires are ugly and too narrow. Put some 275's on at least the rears and they might look a lot better. So did you put them on after you lowered your car? Do you have any pix with them on after the new springs?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pending Sale

·
Registered
224 Posts
Man, you didn't wait long enough for the look to grow on you. hahahaha. I'm sure someone will buy these soon. The more I look at your pix, I think it's the actual tires that throw off the look. Those tires are ugly and too narrow. Put some 275's on at least the rears and they might look a lot better. So did you put them on after you lowered your car? Do you have any pix with them on after the new springs?

I photoshopped it for him on the other forum, I think it looks awesome!

I would have kept them , but I guess you gotta feel right about it at the end of the day.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yeah, they do look nice after lowering. I still think it's those tires. They just seem too narrow. And those glaringly, bright, red tail lights don't help either. But just like you said, at the end of the day, the only opinion that matters is the person that owns the car.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha ha you guys are funny!

While I appreciate what you're both saying, it comes down to what I like and dislike. It's an interesting thing when you envision a set of wheels looking a certain way on a car and then you install them and it doesn't look at all what you thought it'd look like. And I'm a graphic designer so I did multiple chops of it with and without the drop and still in person it looked way too different. It was an expensive mistake to make, but luckily I have a buyer for them so I'll at least recoup almost all my money.

I came to the realization that I prefer a fat five spoke wheel design on my gen Charger vs an open multi-spoke design. As well I'm not digging the matte finish so I'd likely go gloss black next time. But hey, you guys love them so much, if you had the funds they could've been yours lol!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm with you on the 5 spoke wheels for a Charger. It just seems to fit the best. And wheels almost always look better polished or gloss. I ran both on my old car but I think I liked the black better.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice! Gloss black Challenger Alcoas are probably what I'll go with in the future.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
575 Posts
I did like the way those looked on your car. But I would have to agree, the wide 5 spoke does look good. I found a set of these off a member here. Mopar Envy's

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ha ha you guys are funny!

I came to the realization that I prefer a fat five spoke wheel design on my gen Charger vs an open multi-spoke design. As well I'm not digging the matte finish so I'd likely go gloss black next time. But hey, you guys love them so much, if you had the funds they could've been yours lol!
Hehe, just making sure you are good. you definitely need to feel good when you see the car, sounds like the 5 spoke is what you want. Those are awesome rims but I've got zero budget with my current situation. GLWS!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts