Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its been fun but im finally getting rid of my SXT and will be replacing it with a SRT8 or with a Superbee.

Its been fun.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If I come to vegas, you can drive me around in that big gasguzz...I mean monster :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i am jeleous congrats man i hope to bee following in about a year

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
You're doing it the right way. I can't stand when people swap an SXT for just a 5.7L. Do the whole shebang... I respect you!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
You're doing it the right way. I can't stand when people swap an SXT for just a 5.7L. Do the whole shebang... I respect you!! Congrats!!
I couldn't disagree more. The 5.7L has 90 more HP and 140 ft-lbs of torque, not to mention you're looking at a minimum $5-7k cost difference up front. Plus there is the fact that there is no spare and you're going to need new tires 2x as much. Large difference in total cost of ownership, but I suppose if you look at it solely in terms of payments as you do then maybe it's not as big of a deal.

IMO the step up from the 3.5 to the 5.7 is equal to the step up from a normal R/T to the SRT-8.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I couldn't disagree more. The 5.7L has 90 more HP and 140 ft-lbs of torque, not to mention you're looking at a minimum $5-7k cost difference up front. Plus there is the fact that there is no spare and you're going to need new tires 2x as much. Large difference in total cost of ownership, but I suppose if you look at it solely in terms of payments as you do then maybe it's not as big of a deal.

IMO the step up from the 3.5 to the 5.7 is equal to the step up from a normal R/T to the SRT-8.
If you look at the HP/Torque graph both the 5.7L and 6.1L have identical HP and Torque up to 4000rpms after that the 6.1L shines.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

If I recall correctly, you were one of the pp; wanting to trade up to an R/T...:confused:

back on topic: bro you are going to love your decision!!! The SRT8 is a MONSTER!!!!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
You recall correctly...then he didn't...then he hates the "trasmittion"....now he wants a G35...2 years from now.
All you stand correctly, but I did want an SRT8 after I wanted the 5.7L. Soooo... as you know now, I can't make up my mind, now do YOU want a cookie? Seems like you guys are good observers. You got an A+. Now got play Nintendo.

Back to topic: I can't stand when people switch from a 3.5L to just a 5.7L. Congrats on the big move, you done it right!!

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I love my SXT--16 months later, and the Hemi bug just hasn't bitten me yet. When and if it does, I'll promptly carry my happy arse to the dealer and pick one out . . .

I hope you like your new car!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I love my SXT--16 months later, and the Hemi bug just hasn't bitten me yet. When and if it does, I'll promptly carry my happy arse to the dealer and pick one out . . .

I hope you like your new car!!
Yup amen.

or might even consider droping a 426 into my se :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Whoooooweeeee... whoopdy fng doo... 90HP more... holy sh*t batman, that's a LOT of [email protected] power! I bet it beats every car on the road don't it?
90 is a helluva lot more when you're coming from 250, yes. I really don't get what your problem is...you're obviously not happy with what you have and really are one of the worst at bashing the vehicles on this very forum.

All you stand correctly, but I did want an SRT8 after I wanted the 5.7L. Soooo... as you know now, I can't make up my mind, now do YOU want a cookie? Seems like you guys are good observers. You got an A+. Now got play Nintendo.

Back to topic: I can't stand when people switch from a 3.5L to just a 5.7L. Congrats on the big move, you done it right!!

Actually, I *think* I get ya a little bit Goval, at least let me make a stab at it.

You've put a lot of work and time into your vehicle in making it your own, but then you're also frustrated as it's turned out not to be exactly what you wanted. You know it's a nice car, but you want something different. Going from one Charger to another might be the solution, but the idea of something like the G37 is tempting as it will no matter what be much closer to what you really want, and it's a totally fresh start.

Anywhere in the ballpark?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
90 is a helluva lot more when you're coming from 250, yes. I really don't get what your problem is...you're obviously not happy with what you have and really are one of the worst at bashing the vehicles on this very forum.

Actually, I *think* I get ya a little bit Goval, at least let me make a stab at it.

You've put a lot of work and time into your vehicle in making it your own, but then you're also frustrated as it's turned out not to be exactly what you wanted. You know it's a nice car, but you want something different. Going from one Charger to another might be the solution, but the idea of something like the G37 is tempting as it will no matter what be much closer to what you really want, and it's a totally fresh start.

Anywhere in the ballpark?
...back to topic...
:dead:
I'm not going to spoil a thread that I haven't started. The starter of this post doesn't deserve this.

Again, congrats on the new ride!!

once again... back to topic...

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Guess I get no respect. :(

Like I care. :tongue:

Anyway....good luck with your new purchase TBND! :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrat man

But im thinking in earning that money and buying the challenger I have already payed a reserve for mine I payed paret of the car so basically I allready have a challenger but congratulation thats a nice car.:smoke:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats on the jump! I myself will be bumping up to an R/T soon, and Goval I don't want to dissapoint you by only trading up to the 5.7L so I am also going to do some heavy modification and basically turn it into what I call a HEMI-MONSTER! Supercharger, cams, heads, downpipe, e-cutout, duel 40 Delta Flows, Mopar CAI, and Ram Air Hood just to start the list.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts