Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't care if they strap a Saturn-5 rocket on to a Civic, it's still a CIVIC...a Charger has more chararcter, prowess, intimidation, looks, power (99.999% of the time) in it's glovebox than one of these rice rockets

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I dunno, but I have a hankering to buy a Meineke store, I hear you only need $60k to start! Wow-we!

·
Registered
528 Posts
well I've been on both sides. I had a '95 Civic 4 door lowered on 17's (not one crappy sticker) , that ran low 13's on street tires. I put a Acura Integra GSR drivetrain in it, with a bolt on Greddy turbo kit, and it was just under 300 horse, so it would have taken most RT's easily.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I doubt thats a HEMI prob that sxt v6

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I've yet to see a 10 second Charger.

I've seen at least half a dozen 10 second fully streetable Civics.

What's the big deal?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Are you guys sure that was a hemi charger?
Took the honda about 17 seconds to top out in 4th gear.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If it was a Hemi Charger it was de-badged...I couldn't see a HEMI badge on the side.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
If it was a Hemi Charger it was de-badged...I couldn't see a HEMI badge on the side.
Ditto. I thought the Hemi badge would have stuck out a bit more even on a low resolution video.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've yet to see a 10 second Charger.

I've seen at least half a dozen 10 second fully streetable Civics.

What's the big deal?
the availability of parts is why. japan has been turning out 1000hp cars for a while. twin turbo 300z's, skylines, etc. they know how to make power, and do it cheap. think about a subaru impreza wrx sti, 300hp to start. do a tune, adjust the blow of valve, and bam 30 to 50hp.

we the lx community have to work our way up to where everyone else is in the tuner world. once we do ........

·
Registered
704 Posts
the availability of parts is why. japan has been turning out 1000hp cars for a while. twin turbo 300z's, skylines, etc. they know how to make power, and do it cheap. think about a subaru impreza wrx sti, 300hp to start. do a tune, adjust the blow of valve, and bam 30 to 50hp.

we the lx community have to work our way up to where everyone else is in the tuner world. once we do ........
This is all true, but the point is dont be surprised if some kid in a civic whoops you in your charger. I got news for you guys, 13's isnt fast. 12's are ok but I dont think anyone on this board has even broken into the 11's yet. And honestly with the cars that are out there today 11's isnt really that fast. I have a Cuda that runs 11.60's. Its faster than most street cars but there are plenty of cars out there that are way faster.

And yes, part of the issue is the limited parts that are available and the lack of knowlege of these engines. If a few years they will be running 10's but for now, watch your backs out there and dont bet your pink slip.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Come on now, not all honda's are slow. Just like what the other guy said, put a GSR drivetrain in a civic hatchback with a couple of bolt ons and the Charger R/T will get a run for it's money, hell the charger might even get beat. The S2000, anything honda equipped with a B18C5, B18C1, H22A,
B16B with bolt-ons will give a charger a good run. And those are the old honda motors, the new motors are even better. It's all about having fun with whatever car you have. :smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
rsoto80
Charger Forums
ChargerForums to connect with the Dodge Charger community to discuss SRT, Hellcat models, maintenance, mods and more.
Full Forum Listing