Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what needs to be done to get the nav unit to work in Europe? Are there a new set of maps to load or does it require a different nav unit?

·
Registered
81 Posts
it wont work. you need a map from the european disc but it won't read on the american nav unit. you can find a dealership and get one swap but its not the same. they're older models and less memory on the harddrive. i was going to do it but didn't want to downgrade so i just bought me a use gps from people leaving. sooner or later you will be back in the states and it wont work in the states if you decide to do so.:beerchug:

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you have mygig it is possible to convert, Customtronix (se link in other post above) in Sweden that does it (you can send your unit there). The only company offering the service as far as I know.

Charges about 1200 USD for the conversion and european maps.Only orth it if the car stays in Europe and the guy doing it can be really slow from time to time. I have had my unit done there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, I asked this question to a company in France who is importing US cars.
For the Mygig, it's possible to modify the disk if you go to a European Dodge dealer.
The same GPS is used here for the Chrysler 300C (they're imported in France) and it's working OK.
Once I'll have my Super Bee, I'll try to do this modification and I'll tell you if it'll be OK or not.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
cost too much just buy a tom tom or other gps as i did

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did mine in Customtronix. It works. Guy had some attitude when I sent him mails, but one of the local dealers later dealt with him and I got it done. High price, but maps work now (they convert the unit to European).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dude its not worth the money they want for it, if you have an Iphone or similar just plug that into your radio and that works great, probaly even better. I do it and the audio plays thru the car speakers when turns come up etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Another thing I have been looking, is video input for a car display - that we could switch on and switch across multiple sources. This way we could have iPad mini (hidden) at least showing on display or iPhone or Android phone.

I have iPhone on dash also with Kenu Airframe (smallest and one of the best ones) and I use it for Waze on driving. Still I miss the pic on large screen.

Navtv and Lockpick seem to mess with speed and others and do not feel reliable enough. Could we just look for switch? This way we could wire backup camera and also why not front 180degrees camera to the car and switch among different sources?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts