Charger Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
would hold on check cam shafft first . might save ton money, i got dodge charger i know they have odd probems,
its not wireing would not cuase this probem but lock up lifter would
in fack i 99 pecent on this, i know high voltate as well i use play with it when i was 14 years old
high voltage would not cause crack power runs along the suffice of the mettle not out side if this was so would blow u battery up.
and all rest of the computers, this not cause u need focus one thing where heat is located and ask simple quistion will coil pack melt if it was remove from block and free floting i take a cheap themal gun and see how much hotter it is in that place, u got crack head bad lifter or bad cam and nothing else nothing else would cause this

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
in fack i 99 pecent on this, i know high voltate as well i use play with it when i was 14 years old
high voltage would not cause crack power runs along the suffice of the mettle not out side if this was so would blow u battery up.
and all rest of the computers, this not cause u need focus one thing where heat is located and ask simple quistion will coil pack melt if it was remove from block and free floting i take a cheap themal gun and see how much hotter it is in that place, u got crack head bad lifter or bad cam and nothing else nothing else would cause this
Dang your scarring me i really hope its not a lifter its a brand new engine block and heads i had the engine replaced a year ago by AAMCO it only has 16k miles on it and the crack in the valve cover came from under the valve cover i could hear the coil start making a high voltage crackling sound then a very small smoke stream came from in between the crack that opened on the coil as soon as i saw the valve cover start to take heat damage from the coil i turned the car off, i just got off work when i wake up im going to take valve cover off and send yall pictures so you can get a better look

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dang your scarring me i really hope its not a lifter its a brand new engine block and heads i had the engine replaced a year ago by AAMCO it only has 16k miles on it and the crack in the valve cover came from under the valve cover i could hear the coil start making a high voltage crackling sound then a very small smoke stream came from in between the crack that opened on the coil as soon as i saw the valve cover start to take heat damage from the coil i turned the car off, i just got off work when i wake up im going to take valve cover off and send yall pictures so you can get a better look
get cheap thraml reader under 50,00 messure the temp any one told me pcm did this i would fired them, crack in same place of cover says u got head probem, need take covers off and check out whats going on under them . way charger oils the cam and lifters when car running the crank throw oil up on the cam, this down right dum,. as should be pump to top of the heads, dodge made so many mistakes with these cars u think was first car ever built but dodge dosent care what i know what i think only there dealerships that ripping every one off , i know why these cars has probems but dodge wants informaion for free
ipass throw it u driveing at 70 water pump not needed if it is something very wrong,
Crack in the valve cover? Yikes!
think u thinking same me prob could be in head or lifter we know these problems plag the cars what. Else but exteam heat from maybe crack around a value I never like idea how the cam was oiled beleave it key to big engine problem but got to wounder if not away around this , at oil filter put oil line deverter cool oil first but send oil in the top covers of the heads oil would cool heads and keep prob from even happening what u think

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
get cheap thraml reader under 50,00 messure the temp any one told me pcm did this i would fired them, crack in same place of cover says u got head probem, need take covers off and check out whats going on under them . way charger oils the cam and lifters when car running the crank throw oil up on the cam, this down right dum,. as should be pump to top of the heads, dodge made so many mistakes with these cars u think was first car ever built but dodge dosent care what i know what i think only there dealerships that ripping every one off , i know why these cars has probems but dodge wants informaion for free
ipass throw it u driveing at 70 water pump not needed if it is something very wrong,

think u thinking same me prob could be in head or lifter we know these problems plag the cars what. Else but exteam heat from maybe crack around a value I never like idea how the cam was oiled beleave it key to big engine problem but got to wounder if not away around this , at oil filter put oil line deverter cool oil first but send oil in the top covers of the heads oil would cool heads and keep prob from even happening what u think

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I opened up valve cover, everything look very good so it must be a lifter because i also heard a slightly louder ticking then usual on the left side under my intake manifold where the misfire was happening (cylinder 2)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I opened up valve cover, everything look very good so it must be a lifter because i also heard a slightly louder ticking then usual on the left side under my intake manifold where the misfire was happening (cylinder 2)
i am sorry to here but happy u not going spend all that money on parts u dont need but be most gratefull to give me creadted i currently fighting with dodge on another matter, could use the created
i would take head off have it check then replace all the lifters, do not think lifter did not damage something take cam as well bouth needs be check, if bouth come back clean replace set lifters do not make mistake touch them, whare gloves and soke them in merical oil after good cleanning, what happens oils on hands can cause oil not sick to parts of lifter waste it , over kill maybe better over kill then have redo all of it , but do u sefl huge favor take head and cam have bouth check what u cant see could cause firther probems, so pay extra money get things right

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
i am sorry to here but happy u not going spend all that money on parts u dont need but be most gratefull to give me creadted i currently fighting with dodge on another matter, could use the created
i would take head off have it check then replace all the lifters, do not think lifter did not damage something take cam as well bouth needs be check, if bouth come back clean replace set lifters do not make mistake touch them, whare gloves and soke them in merical oil after good cleanning, what happens oils on hands can cause oil not sick to parts of lifter waste it , over kill maybe better over kill then have redo all of it , but do u sefl huge favor take head and cam have bouth check what u cant see could cause firther probems, so pay extra money get things right
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!! The fuel injector was stuck open and it kept dumping fuel in the cylinder wearing out the piston rings and was mixing my oil in with gas, the cylinder was losing compression so even if i would have replaced the injector i still would have had problems and the injectors were the last thing on my list because i started with the cheapest part first, the failure is covered under my warranty because AAMCO was the last person to touch my injectors thanks so much for your advice you all were very helpful and hopefully someone with the same problem will look at this thread and avoid the mistake i made, "start with the injectors", because thats what is capable of doing the damage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!! The fuel injector was stuck open and it kept dumping fuel in the cylinder wearing out the piston rings and was mixing my oil in with gas, the cylinder was losing compression so even if i would have replaced the injector i still would have had problems and the injectors were the last thing on my list because i started with the cheapest part first, the failure is covered under my warranty because AAMCO was the last person to touch my injectors thanks so much for your advice you all were very helpful and hopefully someone with the same problem will look at this thread and avoid the mistake i made, "start with the injectors", because thats what is capable of doing the damage.
interesting i take they not stock but there to way provent this, u use merical oil put in gas will lub internal parts as oil cant burn will proteck the injectors and liftors this probem i never seen listed
but we was on right tack we new probem was in that area quistion was where,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
interesting i take they not stock but there to way provent this, u use merical oil put in gas will lub internal parts as oil cant burn will proteck the injectors and liftors this probem i never seen listed
but we was on right tack we new probem was in that area quistion was where,
Ya it was a conclusion that we came to already it was just a matter of starting with the cheapest conclusion first but meanwhile then cylinder was getting damaged while i was working my way up to replacing the fuel injectors, but its fine its covered under my warranty the engine only had 18k miles on it and now im getting a whole new one again im getting all new sparks and injectors

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Jonathan:
Glad to hear you have a diagnosis finally, and progress. What was the reason for the engine replacement to start with? Did it drop a valve?

Don

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ya it was a conclusion that we came to already it was just a matter of starting with the cheapest conclusion first but meanwhile then cylinder was getting damaged while i was working my way up to replacing the fuel injectors, but its fine its covered under my warranty the engine only had 18k miles on it and now im getting a whole new one again im getting all new sparks and injectors
Nothing like checking what u know but gives paluse to them told u was pcm I don’t work on cars but I tell them what I want done
but I to find it in lighing to talk others
may give u new idea may pay out may not
ideas free parts not
just wish find help my car has prob no dealership can define and just don’t understand why problem there, just want give up I paid big money it fix number of problems but each them lead to another problem idk what do in any case u take care wish u best

21 - 33 of 33 Posts