Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wisconsin winters are known for salt on windshields. A full reservoir and working washer is a must!!

Which brings me to my problem.....
Salty windshield, can't see where I'm going!!!

The washer pump has failed on my '07 Charger RT. When you push the washer button the wipers come on and wipe 3 times as they should but the pump does not come on. Checked the fluid and lines- they are good. Checked the pump, it works, checked the connections, 12.5 volts on the hot side, but no ground on the ground side when the pump should be pumping.

I assume because the hot side is always hot (with ignition on) the negative side should close to ground when you push the button. Make sense?

Does the switch work through a body control module or directly? If through the BCM, then it's getting the signal and turning on the wipers, but not the pump.

If direct from the switch then there may be an open circuit on that ground line. That would not be easy to find.

Any advice is appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Nozzles could be clogged, take a sewing needle or paper clip and try to dislodge anything that could be blocking the nozzles.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Clogged nozzles would be the first easy check, and depending on what fluid you're using, and the outdoor temp and wind chill, could the fluid or fluid in the lines be frozen? Happened to my girlfriend's Fusion last winter. Otherwise, it's most likely the pump itself.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
disconnect the hose from where it is attached to the hood nozzle and see if the washer pump works. The nozzle tip just might be embedded with dried salt deposits. Hope this will help..

Big John

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Til the meantime, water bottle with washer fluid and a handheld squeegie. Quik wipe will do u good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts