Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Charger RT with the 8.4 inch Beats Audio stereo and screen. My question is: Is there a way to update the sales codes on my own without going good to the local stealership? The car did not come with the back up camera and I've been thinking about buying one to install, but I read that the dealership needs to update the sales codes for it to work. To me, $85-120 for a 5 minute job is a little excessive. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
The only way to update the sales codes is with specialized equipment. On the 1st gen Chargers you needed a StarScan or a StarMobile. For the 2nd gen Chargers I believe you need a StarMobile or a WiTech. Unless you have the hardware and the associated subscription, or you have a friend who has them, the dealer is by far the least expensive way to go.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You might also have luck asking if they can do the flash during an oil change. Sometimes they'll do it for free that way.

The best way to get it started is to go to the parts department at the dealership with the invoice/receipt for the camera and ask them to update your car on the computer. They can do that right at the counter.

After the sales code is in the system, give it a half-an-hour or so, you can politely ask if the service department could maybe restore your vehicle configuration while the oil is draining.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure if it will work on chargers., but I had a jeep jk and to factory reset everything all you have to do is disconnect both battery terminals and then hold them to together for 10-15 seconds. Probably will work they both use canbus systems but the jeep jk is high speed and the charger is low speed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's not the same as a factory reset, it's the flash that a car normally gets when it sold - from what I gather. Some things aren't activated or are in demo modes until the car goes to the customer.

This just pulls all of the sales codes from Chrysler's database for that VIN and dumps it back into the car. The newly-added dealer-installed-upgrade codes from the parts department's changes will be pushed in then.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not the same as a factory reset, it's the flash that a car normally gets when it sold - from what I gather. Some things aren't activated or are in demo modes until the car goes to the customer.

This just pulls all of the sales codes from Chrysler's database for that VIN and dumps it back into the car. The newly-added dealer-installed-upgrade codes from the parts department's changes will be pushed in then.
Thank you for the info, I think I'm going to pass on this project and focus on my suspension instead. I cannot justify paying for it twice after its all said and done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts