Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever attempted to perform a UConnect update at home? My 2017 Charger is running on the original software and has never been updated. I'm sure there are some good updates since 4 years. Should I attempt this at home or take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine did it automatically in the garage overnight.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Has anyone ever attempted to perform a UConnect update at home? My 2017 Charger is running on the original software and has never been updated. I'm sure there are some good updates since 4 years. Should I attempt this at home or take it to the dealer?
Hi there,

Please know that you may always visit Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates to ensure that your Uconnect software is up to date. If you happen to have any remaining questions or concerns, feel free to reach back out!

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack WB
74 Posts
Thought 15 up did it over air, my 21 just did that the day we drove it home.

My 13 Ram had to update it USB

19 Ram does over air also

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Jochen, you can visit the dealer and they can verify the software version of the UConnect, PCM, etc for free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just updated mine (and the garmin software) within the last week (2014) - it was pretty pain free. When it was done, it didn't want to shut off saying it wasn't in park. Easy fix, shift to drive and back to park, and done.

·
Registered
479 Posts
No issues. It takes a while, but there were no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts