Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few minutes to kill before my ride picked me up after dropping the GMG off for some work. I'm walking around the dealership and see the only SRT on the lot. 2007 Charger SRT in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl. The light was hitting it and it looked GOOD (this was the first time I'd seen the Pearl coat). Anywhoo, after a few minutes of wiping my mouth from a distance I go in for a closer look and there are COB WEBS hanging from the bottom of this car all the way around. I nearly cried. Being early in the morning, the sales staff and managers were not around or there would have been some nashing of teeth old testament style. Here are a couple of pics...though the webs don't show much...and YES I cleared them away right after taking pics with my cell.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
almost cried cause of the cobwebs? If you werent a dodge guy before the charger, you've certainly been converted. haha

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No pics are showing up.
Ya, you beat me to it...I was uploading the pics...should be good to go now...

BTW, if you want to have fun at the dealership, show up before the sales people get there and have on a tie...I had folks coming and asking me all kinds of questions...I was tempted to sell a few cars while waiting.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
theres a silver one at my local dealer. last time i went in there for parts it was in the show room inside. now its sitting outside on the left side of the main entrance door and on the opposite side is a viper ( they look like they're protecting the gates haha).... wish i had the monies to give it a good home :(

·
Registered
575 Posts
The Dodge dealership in my town had a black 2006 SRT for a long time that probably had cob webs, too. They wouldn't let anyone test drive the car, including me. Just kept it in their showroom. I kept going back, thinking they would someday change their mind/policy, and make the car available to test drive, but as far as I could tell, the car never moved for anyone to test drive. I ended up finding a dealership out of town that let me test drive an SRT before I committed to buying it, and I bought from that same dealer. Eventually, the local dealer traded the unsold SRT away to another dealer.

Wonder if that is what's happening to this one?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yeah, it is sad to see such a beast kept in captivity, like a tiger in a zoo cage - look, but don't touch! There is a SuperBee in a dealer showroom in town here, they've had it for over 6 months, still unsold, now advertising it "on sale" for $48k (CDN). I know it has been out at least once, as I was in the dealership looking for an R/T when they let a rather attractive young lady (with pots of money) take it out for a spin. She was just beaming when she came back.....as was the sales guy....hot chick + hot car = ego boost!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
how many of these dealers set sales prices way over MSRP?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts