Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out all day detailing and cleaning my girl and noticed in a couple of places what appears to be rust spots under the clear. Almost as if some rust particles got in the paint and is now trapped under the clear. Has anyone else seen this? I tried to take a picture but it doesnt show up very well. Im kinda curious if the dealer will have it fixed or not.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I was out all day detailing and cleaning my girl and noticed in a couple of places what appears to be rust spots under the clear. Almost as if some rust particles got in the paint and is now trapped under the clear. Has anyone else seen this? I tried to take a picture but it doesnt show up very well. Im kinda curious if the dealer will have it fixed or not.
Betcha it's rail dust. It was all over my white car too when I picked it up. Under really close inspection, it looked like there were little flecks of rust embedded in the clearcoat. Claybar took care of it.

Best,

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I'll have to try that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So i think i noticed these two, they are like little orange dots, they rub out but u gotta rub really really hard, i had my car waxed at the car wash(they did crap job) and i saw em, I hope its not dirty paint. Im gonna try the claybar thing.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
So i think i noticed these two, they are like little orange dots, they rub out but u gotta rub really really hard, i had my car waxed at the car wash(they did crap job) and i saw em, I hope its not dirty paint. Im gonna try the claybar thing.
Claybar will almost certainly do the trick with the least amount of elbow grease. When you're done, give her a nice polish and wax and you're home free.

Best,

·
Registered
74 Posts
not all of them would come out prob 10 of them were left but they became really small. However Not sure if i am a claybar pro, was my first time and I was worried bout scratching my paint so I was using a lot of the supplied spray, I went through the entire bottle on one claybar. How often can you claybar? I wanna get the rest out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts