Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Dodge Charger R/T in White Knuckle. I had it detailed, drove it home, parked it, and out a cover on it because it was 105° outside and I've been trying to prevent sun damage. My guess is it's brake does as it's primarily behind the wheel wells, but I have these rust spots that will not come off for anything.

I tried to scrub it hard with a clay bar and chemical guys lubricant. I took it to the detailer and he tried Iron X with some big and tar remover as well as tried buffing it out. It won't budge. You can't feel it at all it's like it's part of the paint. Can't believe this has happened to my brand new car so I'm desperate for answers. If anyone has experienced this I would appreciate any advice. I legit scratched a piece of my clear coat with my fingernail seeing if it would come off 😞 Nothing
Tire Hood Automotive tire Tread Sky

Tire Automotive tire Wood Road surface Asphalt

Window Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Car

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
That's not brake dust.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
That's not brake dust.
Exactly, it's something that was flung up from the road. Try using some mineral spirits or some of this to wipe it off with a soft cloth.

Edit: Post it in the detailing section and maybe Junkman has some ideas on how to best get that off.

Best,

·
Registered
708 Posts
If solvents won't take it off you can try carefully with cutting compound or other cream paint cleaner. I have a couple white cars and thats one problem with them.
If it's brake or rail dust it'll have a bit of a rust stain with it. If it doesn't it's something else.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I'd suggest Iron-X. It's specifcally designed to remove iron particles, most often from brake dust but potentially from any cause.

What I like about it is that it also functions as a diagnostic, because it turns purple in the presence of iron oxide. So if it doesn't, those aren't iron or rust particles.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,552 Posts
I think he said that his dealer already tried Iron-X.
I agree with Flyers and Ritz, though. That looks more like something that he drove through.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
I would try cleaning a small spot with WD-40. I use that on the Jeep to remove metal stains from oil field pipe that has been cut into fence post length sections in the barn that leaves metallic filings on the floor. I've driven through it a couple times when the floor was damp and had the filings set on the paint to the point the stain will not wash off. It is not speckled like the photos but if nothing else has worked I would give WD-40 a try on a small area using a soft cloth, nothing abrasive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts