Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have an imported Dodge Charger 2006 R/T and I'm wondering about the rust protection on the car. In Sweden they use alot of salt on the roads during the winter, will I need to get my chassi treated with a waxbased rust protector or should the original protection be enough? I don't want the Scandinavian winter to turn my car into rust in one winter, how is the Charger doing in US northern states and Canada when it comes to rust?

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Hi,
I have an imported Dodge Charger 2006 R/T and I'm wondering about the rust protection on the car. In Sweden they use alot of salt on the roads during the winter, will I need to get my chassis treated with a waxbased rust protector or should the original protection be enough? I don't want the Scandinavian winter to turn my car into rust in one winter, how is the Charger doing in US northern states and Canada when it comes to rust?
I don't know what the environmental laws are in your country but if you can get a mixture of the wax you described with transmission and differential oils mixed together and sprayed under the chassis, doors, jambs, fender and quarterpanel wells, engine compartment as well it will survive fine. Salt plays havoc with the steel parts of any car. I have been doing this with my vehicles for the winter for many years and never have a rusted panel! :clap:

Not bad....all good. NO TAR UNDERCOAT!!:slap:

Good luck!

Brian

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I don't know what the environmental laws are in your country but if you can get a mixture of the wax you described with transmission and differential oils mixed together and sprayed under the chassis, doors, jambs, fender and quarterpanel wells, engine compartment as well it will survive fine. Salt plays havoc with the steel parts of any car. I have been doing this with my vehicles for the winter for many years and never have a rusted panel! :clap:

Not bad....all good. NO TAR UNDERCOAT!!:slap:

Good luck!

Brian
Tell us more about this mix!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts