Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there I am new to Mopar I just purchased a 2007 Charger SRT 8 fully loaded and love everybit of it. I have a question about my temp. I live in Houston so this might be why but. When I am at idle my temp gauge goes up to about 225 to 230. Does anyone elses run that warm or is this something i should have looked at.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Sometimes in traffic (Tampa, FL), mine will go up to about 220. That's with the A/C on. My fans cycle on and off a lot during these times. I haven't noticed any degradation in performance though...
Dave

PS Welcome! :) :) :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome, and here In St Pete - Right across the water from Dave, my car also sometimes runs a little high but I still do not notice a difference. AC is a must in FL and of course the car will lose/gain some horses with it on or off. :D
Sup Dave lets go to a meet in Old Town/ Orlando.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hello there I am new to Mopar I just purchased a 2007 Charger SRT 8 fully loaded and love everybit of it. I have a question about my temp. I live in Houston so this might be why but. When I am at idle my temp gauge goes up to about 225 to 230. Does anyone elses run that warm or is this something i should have looked at.
That's actually not unusual, and normal for the stock car with the stock thermostat.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
yea thats not too bad. if you want cooler temps check out noesp.com, they have a fan mod that'll keep the temp down along with a 180 degree thermostat.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
As long as the needle on the temperature gauge does NOT go into the red, you are operating within allowable parameters.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Welcome, and here In St Pete - Right across the water from Dave, my car also sometimes runs a little high but I still do not notice a difference. AC is a must in FL and of course the car will lose/gain some horses with it on or off. :D
Sup Dave lets go to a meet in Old Town/ Orlando.
Hey 40D, I'm with ya! When is the next meet? My baby's in the shop right now. I should get the diagnosis tomorrow sometime.

Looking forward to getting to know the local owners :)
Dave

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The highest mine has ever been was 215, and that was outside temp of 115.
Stop and go traffic. Maybe mine is weird, but that seems a little high.
I now have the 180 autozone thermo in, and I very rarely break 200 even when
it is 110 outside. And I do not have any fan mod. I continue to run the Napa coolant filter, and the coolant remains crystal clear. Maybe that helps, maybe not?

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Regardless of what anybody has or hasn't seen WRT temperatures on the evic, if the gauge does not go in the red, the engine is not running hot enuff to damage it. There is an analogue gauge for a reason. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts