Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a good reason to be excited about the scat packs. Although I know little to nothing about performance mods im a bit underwhelmed about the reported gains so is their any ideas that would be around the same price if not cheaper than the packs and please spare me the shoulda got an srt8 comments:D

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Your 5.7 is actually a great platform. What do you want to do with the car?
Scatpack is cool, retro but not a lot in the performance gains.
What year is your car?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your 5.7 is actually a great platform. What do you want to do with the car?
Scatpack is cool, retro but not a lot in the performance gains.
What year is your car?
2011 I dont plan on taking it to the track or anything as it still is my everyday driver but I just thought it would be cool to get as much performance out of it without being too Fast and Furious about it

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Lots of options. I ran a Magnuson super charger at 8 lbs of boost with no issues on the stock block. Really fun on the street and 99% of the time you're in bypass so just like factory. You do have to turn off mds so gas mileage may drop a bit.
If the 7-8k is too much maybe go with a diff swap and try 3.73 gears, a cai and the diablo sport tune. Really fun.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't mind going with the sport tune and cai as im hoping they make a shaker hood soon for 2011+ but in regards to the intake I live in high altitude where people have claimed since the air is so thin it's almost pointless to have one although im not sure how accurate that is

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
I wouldn't mind going with the sport tune and cai as im hoping they make a shaker hood soon for 2011+ but in regards to the intake I live in high altitude where people have claimed since the air is so thin it's almost pointless to have one although im not sure how accurate that is
This is where ACES IV can really help you. Designed to produce additional oxygen and hydrogen to produce more power per fuel charge. When you have higher or high altitude, the car is " out of breath" more than at lower altitiudes. Additional oxygen with hydrocarbon reacts at 25 to 75 fps. Hydrogen hydrocarbon is 5000 fps!! Many of our customers have called us back after using the ACES IV and have remarked as to how much better the car runs and sounds with ACES IV in high altititudes. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I definitely took putting the right fuel and additives ect for granted I guess it's kinda like going to the gym to get in shape but then hitting up taco bell right after. And I think the gears route is what I may go for so gears plus tuner and cai about where would you think id be at as far as performance gains vs scat pack 3

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is where ACES IV can really help you. Designed to produce additional oxygen and hydrogen to produce more power per fuel charge. When you have higher or high altitude, the car is " out of breath" more than at lower altitiudes. Additional oxygen with hydrocarbon reacts at 25 to 75 fps. Hydrogen hydrocarbon is 5000 fps!! Many of our customers have called us back after using the ACES IV and have remarked as to how much better the car runs and sounds with ACES IV in high altititudes. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
What about the Diablo 91 tune and Aces at over a mile high? I thought a read of a post of yours saying that will cause the car to run rich. Thoughts?

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Yeah I definitely took putting the right fuel and additives ect for granted I guess it's kinda like going to the gym to get in shape but then hitting up taco bell right after. And I think the gears route is what I may go for so gears plus tuner and cai about where would you think id be at as far as performance gains vs scat pack 3
That right fuel made by the ACES IV product is that fuel. Try some and you will see what we are talking about.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
I have seen folks drop 1/2 sec on the 0-60 times with steeper gears. For you that would be the 3.92 Getrag. A great start and you will be hearing the tires break loose on 2nd gear.

I would shy away from the fuel additives that keep poping up on this forum and no where else. 2007 testing that no one really understands. If you see an independent dyno that is current as in Dynojet, Mustang...... that shows an improvement that would be something to look at. But for all the hype I have seen on the forum WRT ACES it would seem to me that someone would have posted a before and after dyno (currrent). Not engine testing or engines that make 700+hp where the gains are within an acceptable margin of error.:slap:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what does the gear chance do to gas mileage and is a cai going to do anything other than looks and sound

·
Registered
201 Posts
So what does the gear chance do to gas mileage and is a cai going to do anything other than looks and sound

Not much, but if you plan to do more to the engine then the CAI becomes kind of necessary.

-Mitch
2014 SXT Plus AWD w/ Sport Appearance Package

·
Registered
56 Posts
Imo, i have a 2011 too, Get a tune, lmi hammer intake, headers, and some mufflers, later on you can upgrade your gears, they play a major role in these cars and it'll go very fast

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
I have seen folks drop 1/2 sec on the 0-60 times with steeper gears. For you that would be the 3.92 Getrag. A great start and you will be hearing the tires break loose on 2nd gear.

I would shy away from the fuel additives that keep poping up on this forum and no where else. 2007 testing that no one really understands. If you see an independent dyno that is current as in Dynojet, Mustang...... that shows an improvement that would be something to look at. But for all the hype I have seen on the forum WRT ACES it would seem to me that someone would have posted a before and after dyno (currrent). Not engine testing or engines that make 700+hp where the gains are within an acceptable margin of error.:slap:
You can call it hype if you want to that is your right. However, ACES IV has been evaluated over and over again. People here that have tested it with their Diablo Sport Tuner and have tuned out detonation.

Wilson's dyno company initially had the same opinion on all fuel additives until they tested one that worked....ACES IV. Now they recommend it to everyone!

"The first time that I told my tuner about ACES IV, he just laughed at me. He tuned my car with the ACES IV in it (without knowing there was ACES IV already in the gas). Later on, he filled the gas and find the car knocked! He told me he just wanted to try adding ACES IV and expecting the same result as with a regular octance booster!

He saw 3* of advanced timing as a result of using the ACES IV, and from that time, he always ADDED ACES IV to my car. Not just that, he started to recommend ACES IV to others since it really proved to work!"

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207241

Wilson knows better! There is your proof!

All entitled to their own opinons but not their own facts!!

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really appreciate everyone's input so just that im clear additives+tuner+cai+gears= better and cheaper than scat 3 gains ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Probably not, but I would at least add exhaust to your list.

-Mitch
2014 SXT Plus AWD w/ Sport Appearance Package

1 - 20 of 34 Posts