Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RoyalPurple Alternative-Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck

I just put in 7 qts of this new stuff I found at Autozone. (I don't know if it's new but it's the first time I've seen it). It has the same CI-4+ rating as Royal Purple and comes in the hard-to-find 5w-40 weight that we need in the 6.1.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I just put in 7 qts of this new stuff I found at Autozone. (I don't know if it's new but it's the first time I've seen it). It has the same CI-4+ rating as Royal Purple and comes in the hard-to-find 5w-40 weight that we need in the 6.1.
The Mobil 1 turbo diesel oil works great. There are several of us running that oil with the 5W/40.

The newer Mobil 1 0W/40 oil has less properties in the mixture than was in the Mobil 1 0W/40 in the 05 and 06 LX's.

The Mobil 1 5W/40 turbo diesel has the same properties in the oil as the original Mobil 1 0W/40 from 05/06 LX's. You can use this turbo diesel oil in an internal combustion engine. Most of the Porsche clubs across the country have switched to the Mobil 1 5W/40 turbo diesel oil.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pep Boys and Checker sell it, but the problem is not finding RP, it's finding 5w-40 weight. I used to get mine online also until I started using Mobil 1 TD. It's also expensive, but much more convenient to buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts