Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First question.. when I get up pasted 80mph, the car vibrates REALLY bad, and it only gets worse the fast I go. Any fix for that?

Second.. If I'm going roughly 60 or higher, and begin to break... my car, and steering wheel vibrate pretty violently... any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Your rotors are warped and that is why your steering wheel vibrates when braking.

Not sure why you car vibrates when you go past 80mph. Cars made in the 80's used to vibrate when the car didn't have enough HP to go any faster.
Not sure what the top speed of a 2.7L is but you would think 100mph shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You may want to balance and rotate your tires. If it was happening while at idle then it could be a cylinder misfire and I believe there is a TSB for that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your rotors are warped and that is why your steering wheel vibrates when braking.

Not sure why you car vibrates when you go past 80mph. Cars made in the 80's used to vibrate when the car didn't have enough HP to go any faster.
Not sure what the top speed of a 2.7L is but you would think 100mph shouldn't be a problem.
What would cause my rotors to warp? I'm at like 8000mi. Is this something that'd be fixed under warranty?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
What would cause my rotors to warp? I'm at like 8000mi. Is this something that'd be fixed under warranty?
Yes, it should be covered under warranty, just take the Charger back to the dealership. As long as your under 12k miles, the rotor's and brakes are covered.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i'm having the same problem i have about 7k miles on my car, i was just gonna buy new rotors, but you guys are saying it should be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Yes, brakes/rotors are covered under warranty up until 12k miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.