Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger SXT+ RWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3.6l Dodge Charger SXT RWD (2015)
I just came to find out my rotors were bad due to poor maintenance/long time wear and tear and the previous owner neglected to change the brakes before he sold the car to me. I had also dulled down my brake pads and hadn’t gotten to replacing them which dug my grave even deeper. Anyways I was thinking about purchasing TRQ drilled/slotted rotors and they cost $175 which seems pretty cheap for performance rotors which also include brake pads

first question- does anyone know if both the front and rear rotors on this (RWD) model are 12.6 Inches (320mm) in diameter?

second question- can anyone vouch for this brand? It looks way too good to be true but they have reviews which seem positive?

last - if anyone knows of good rotor sets that aren’t crazy expensive and would fit my car that you can vouch for, please link them in the thread.

Link for the rotors I was thinking of buying:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Rather than "upgrading" to drilled, slotted, or any other high-zoot rotors, I'd just upgrade to BR5 (R/T) brakes, at least in front. They do all the heavy lifting, anyway.

If it's in your budget, you could go all the way to BR9 Pursuit brakes front and rear.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Good suggestion on the upgrade, Krautmaster has a ton of pics and posts about this.

If you have a single piston in front you have 12.6 if you have dual piston in front you have the same as R/T brakes and the rotor is 13.6.

They don't sell the BR9 big brake kits anymore but certainly can find a used set perhaps... the BR5 parts are generally available.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
The SXT comes with the horrid, cheap tiny 12.6" rotors front and rear, and the rears are not even vented. I have never heard of the brakes you linked to, but they would work for 20-30K before they will need to be replaced again. The problem is that they are just too small for a 4000lb car and overheat quickly, cuasing the pads to "melt" onto the rotor and leave high spots that you will feel a shaking when you stomp on them (they are not really "warped" like people think).

If you are strapped for cash you can put those little ones on again while you save up some $$ for the brakes from an R/T- you will need the front rotors (13.6") front calipers/brackets (dual piston) #1058 pads , and the brake lines (hoses). For the rear you will need the rotors (12.6" VENTED) Calipers/brackets, and #1057 pads. The RT brakes are well worth every penny, I put them on my Wife's 2016 Rallye (my 2016 SXT has the huge Police BR9 brakes). Powerstop sells a kit with the drilled/slotted rotors and powder coated calipers (just ditch their Z23/ Z26 pads and buy Raybestos EHT pads).

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger SXT+ RWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did forget to mention I have a set of semi metallic brake pads that I’m planning on using. WearEver Silver. probably ain’t top teir brake pads but I had a 20$ off coupon. Let me know what you guys think of them. Also I do plan to do the installation myself (rotors, brake pads, the whole bit)

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Generic everyday pad that would be installed by chain brake shops..definately NOT an upgrade, but useable if you drive within speed limits at all times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts