Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2017 Dodge Charger SXT. I'm looking to swap the rotors and brake pads on it as I can tell the ones currently on the car are not that great. I Would like to know where I can find and buy great quality performance rotors and pads

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,905 Posts
I have had very good luck with Stoptech rotors. I get them from Tire Rack as they usually have the best price and free shipping. I use the Slotted. Try the Raybestos Element 3 pads, great performance and wear, and light dust, the dust is light in color too.

Reactions: vK ExoticZ

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Raybestos, PowerStop...

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I have recently purchased a 2017 Dodge Charger SXT. I'm looking to swap the rotors and brake pads on it as I can tell the ones currently on the car are not that great. I Would like to know where I can find and buy great quality performance rotors and pads
The BR3 brakes that come on the SXT are CRAP...good for one hard stop only. Upgrade them to RT spec BR5 calipers & rotors with this kit (ENSURE you order the ones for the RT not the SXT or else you'll get another set of the tiny crap brakes):

I have them on my wife's Rallye (but with Raybestos EHT pads..the Z23-Z26 are scary when cold)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The BR3 brakes that come on the SXT are CRAP...good for one hard stop only. Upgrade them to RT spec BR5 calipers & rotors with this kit (ENSURE you order the ones for the RT not the SXT or else you'll get another set of the tiny crap brakes):

I have them on my wife's Rallye (but with Raybestos EHT pads..the Z23-Z26 are scary when cold)
Now when you say the Z23-Z26 are scary. What do you exactly mean by that?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Now when you say the Z23-Z26 are scary. What do you exactly mean by that?
They do not stop for schizz until they are warmed up...once hot they stop great, but the first 3-4 stops is hairy-scary. The Raybestos EHT are also G-G rated but grab hard cold and hot.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,905 Posts
Some performance type pads need to be up to operating temps before they bite well. So when you first get into the car the first few stops will take more pedal pressure than if they were heated up. If you are not ready for it, its scary.
It takes some getting used to and the degree of it depends on the pad make and model.

The Powerstop Z line of pads are this way. I run the Z37 TopCop pads on my pursuit brakes and its not too bad. Noticeable is how I describe it. I'm aware of it and always drive accordingly for the first few minutes.

With Raybestos Element3 EHT pads you need not worry.

Brakes are the 1st thing we should upgrade before making performance mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They do not stop for schizz until they are warmed up...once hot they stop great, but the first 3-4 stops is hairy-scary. The Raybestos EHT are also G-G rated but grab hard cold and hot.
Oh alright. Well I will definitely be getting the EHT for my car. Thank you for the feedback

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some performance type pads need to be up to operating temps before they bite well. So when you first get into the car the first few stops will take more pedal pressure than if they were heated up. If you are not ready for it, its scary.
It takes some getting used to and the degree of it depends on the pad make and model.

The Powerstop Z line of pads are this way. I run the Z37 TopCop pads on my pursuit brakes and its not too bad. Noticeable is how I describe it. I'm aware of it and always drive accordingly for the first few minutes.

With Raybestos Element3 EHT pads you need not worry.

Brakes are the 1st thing we should upgrade before making performance mods.
Awesome. I appreciate it. And I definitely that my brake need to be my first investment before moving forward to other mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts