Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need some help an I'm new to this. I've been reading post from here put this is the first I post. I recently got new tires and had Midas align them after about a week, when I turned the car on the brake lights came on (ABS, ESP/BAS). I checked the fuses front and back and they are fine and I reset the steering wheel by turning it all the way left then all the way right then center and still no luck. Any Help/Advice Is Appreciated

Thank You In Advance:bigthumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey I need some help an I'm new to this. I've been reading post from here put this is the first I post. I recently got new tires and had Midas align them after about a week, when I turned the car on the brake lights came on (ABS, ESP/BAS). I checked the fuses front and back and they are fine and I reset the steering wheel by turning it all the way left then all the way right then center and still no luck. Any Help/Advice Is Appreciated

Thank You In Advance:bigthumb:
It's probably one of the wheel sensors. I had this with mine. The wheel speed sensor wire is behind the wheel. It's probably a damaged wire. If you can crawl behind each wheel and take a look at those wires, one of them is probably damaged. If you can't find that one of them is damaged it could be that the electronics in the sensor wire are bad. This was my case. I didn't know this until I got it scanned at the shop.

The piece you'd be looking for looks like this.

http://www.stockwiseauto.com/product_info.php/products_id/772187/fit_id/13297/Year/2010/Make/Dodge/Model/Charger/source/googleps?gclid=CPrl0eb_2L0CFWuhOgodeQYAOQ

It's not that expensive so if you get it scanned and figure out what wheel sensor it is then you can order it yourself for around 21$ and put it in to save money.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thank you surfcharger, I've been busy last couple a days but I'll shall take a look at them today and see hopefully i can get it fixed quick I dislike the lights all showing
Yea all the lights bugged me too! So next time you drive your charger try to turn on and use the cruise control. One side affect of one of the wheel sensors being out is that you aren't allowed to use or even turn on the cruise control. If this happens to you this will help confirm your issue is one of the wheel speed sensors.

Side note: The even more interesting thing is right at 80 mph you are allowed to use the cruise control again. Kind of interesting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry ive been gone for awhile but yes cruise control don't work unless im am driving 30mph or below or 60 and above inbetween 30 and 60mph the cruise control wont work. I looked at all 4 speed sensors on the car they didn't seem broken or anything im

1 - 5 of 5 Posts