Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my new Charger R/T on Wednesday night. I went about 7:00, met a salesman and took it for a ride. Liked it and went in to talk price. At this point I don't know how reasonable they are going to be, and whether I would be going someplace soon. We talk, he talks to his boss, yada yada yada, we finally have a deal about 8:30. I go into the business office, catch a math "error" that saves me over $1,000. The I negotiate financing that saves a big chunk.
Meanwhile they clean up the car in the shop and pull it around front about 9:30 and it starts raining, hard. I get my stuff out of the old car, and tell the Salesman I don't need instruction on how everything works. He apologizes for the rain and tells me to look it over the next day. I take it right home and park it in my garage. The next day the rain is bad, we have flooding, a mess and that's a different story.
Today I take it to the store to get clean up supplies and stop for gas. While there, I am admiring my cool car and I see a dent in the hood. Right about dead center a, pretty sizable dent like a large hailstone, but there is only 1, so I don't think there was hail damage. I am 100% positive it didn't happen in the past 48 hours I owned it. I called the dealership, but the Salesman is off today. I am going there tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. I am worried about how helpful they will be.
My rookie mistake? I never really examined the car. I was worried about price, I had printouts and notes in hand and never really walked around the car like I might a used vehicle.
I don't know what to demand they do? A different car? Not likely, Swap hoods? Not likely. Maybe have a paintless dent removal?

Sigh,

MIKE

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Mike, they should be able to pop that dent out with ease. Dont stress it.

Congrats on the car!

Tom

·
Registered
282 Posts
Full coverage, Hit and run. Just kidding. They might be helpfull and it myght come out easily. keep us informed.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm sure that it won't be too hard to fix, just hope your dealership isn't run by a bunch of dinks. That will be your only problem imo.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I think if you present your case as you did in the first post, and the dealership is honorable (not a given, unfortunately) they will help you out. Just chat with the guys who were on hand when you picked up and were unable to do the inspection due to the weather. I'd try a paintless dent removal service first. That's likely going to get the job done. That should be pretty cheap if you end up doing it on your own dime.

Best,

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Sounds very familiar... although not with my Charger.
We bought a new Buick Enclave for my wife, took it home, and noticed a small dent in the door that I didn't see the evening before. The kind you get from a car door swinging into it.

Took it back. Told the salesman I couldn't prove it, but I know it didn't happen since the day before. He fixed it that day, for free, like he should. No questions asked.

It's much better for a dealership to eat $100 for a fix like that than to have to deal with angry customers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It seems like the salesman can make the call. That’s a good thing because i hear a lot of praise in regards to the sales side of the dealerships. Unfortunately I have heard 90% more bad about the service side than good. Good luck.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Almost the same mistake hope it helps

two years ago I bought my wife her mini van, As i am not a mini van fan I just looked for the best price. After finding one for $17K, I made the deal (using the friends and family discount) and took the car home that night - 9pm. When I got home and read the options, i realized the car didn't have anti lock brakes!!! ( i thought that was standard) well our old van did have anti lock so I was stressing that I had bought a mini van that was less safe than the one we had. I looked on the dealership web site for one that had it and ended up selecting a grand caravan. I went to the dealership the next day and asked if I could get that one instead. At this point the dealer could have said, yeah but bang me on a trade in value for the new one, but they didn't, they simply took the first van back and worked out the same deal on the grand caravan - of course the deal had to work off the higher price of the grand caravan but it worked out much better in the end.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
take it as a sign and upgrade to an srt hood :grin: lol in all seriousness though, the dealer should be able to help you bro

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
When I bought my Charger it was at night right about closing time. The salesman said to bring it back the next morning so we could do a walk around on the vehicle and he could show me how to operate everything. The next morning during the walk around I noticed several scratch marks on the roof above the drivers door. It looked like some one had set the keys there and put several scratches in the paint when they pulled the keys off. The salesman said no problem and they buffed them out that morning.:grin:

·
Registered
171 Posts
My car was driven up from South Carolina and it had a couple of chips and whatnot on it. It showed up at 9pm and I went and looked at it and found one or two things wrong. Went back the next day to take delivery and they fixed some of the things... found a couple of more things wrong with it and then I had to bring it back when their paint guy was there.

Had everything fixed... took it home... washed it... found some crap in the clearcoat. Brought it back up there and they fixed it on the spot.

If they want to keep business and maintain a good rep. they usually take care of it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had the same kind of rookie mistake when I got my car (Not really looking it over at the dealershipand noticed this stuff the next day)

all things listed the dealership fixed\replaced no problem, Thank god

missing strut cover

a big gash in the left front tire some tred missing

what apperied to be a box knife cut on the dash about an inch and a half long
had to wait over a week for a new dash to come in, but they had to replace the whole dash, they just couldn't patch the cut

I went threw the salesman to get this stuff fixed and didn't have any problems
just keep a cool head tell them you did not see the dent when first looking over the car and they should take care of you

like went_postal said if they want to keep your business and keep a good rep they will take care of you

keep us posted on how things turn out

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
take it as a sign and upgrade to an srt hood :grin: lol
Yeah I already ran that scenario in my head.
I went to the dealer this morning and they were very nice about. They had me leave it so they could get the "Dentbusters" guy there Monday morning. I don't know how they can be sure he is available right away, but we'll see.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Good luck. Sounds like it is working out.

When I buy a car I usualy go down that afternoon and check it out while it is being made ready. This way, I'm not pressured to take it later and I can catch any problems and cancel the pick-up right then if need be. My last bike had huge scratches on the tank and they were just going to deliver it like that figuring I would be too excited for the new bike not to take it. Saw it that afternoon, told them to get me a new tank and I picked it up that weekend instead.

In some cases I even tell the shop to leave me alone with the car and I'll wax it up while it is still there. Then, you'll catch any dents or scratches. :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
If your dealer is a good one you should have not problems geting it fixed. Another suggestion in cases like this would be to have them pull the car into the service area out of the rain and into a lighted area. That way you can go over it properly. There is NO reason a dealer/salesman cannot do this. Don't let them tell you otherwise. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
A handheld yellow fluorescent light is GREAT for finding stuff... it is pretty much what the Dent Wizard guys use. Park it in a normally lit garage and use that light wand... You will find EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You almost definitly will be receiving a survey from Chrysler regarding your purchase experience. The dealer knows this, and wants nothing but praise on that survey. Use that as leverage if they give you any trouble. No fix? Screw the hell out of them on that survery.. it'll at least help you sleep better at night, and hurt them at least a little.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts