Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get some opinions if was to get this roof line spoiler for my Daytona if you think it would look good or not?
Also if i was to get it what color, sublime or get Matte Black like my current spoiler?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Just wanted to get some opinions if was to get this roof line spoiler for my Daytona if you think it would look good or not?
Also if i was to get it what color, sublime or get Matte Black like my current spoiler?

Thanks!
I would go matte black if I were you. It would be a subtle, but noticeable change to the car.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I think it looks good, matte black would be even better. Can you post a link to where you got it from?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
this same roofline spoiler is available on autotrucktoys.com They have a choice of eitherthis spolier or the one I purchased from DEI. Personally, I debated between the two of them and obivously you can see what I chose. I think the DEI one is more defined and I went with one painted in Sublime, not matte black. There really isnt any matte black in that are to tie it into the car, so even if you go with that one, Id definitely get it in Sublime. If you do change your mind and go with the DEI one, make sure you clean the window with proper chemicals to remove all and any residue for proper adhesion. I failed to do this and now my corners stick up and it never adhered right.

Personally, Id like to try and find a comparable roofline spoiler to the VIP edition one that was previously available before VIP went under. They made a nice hard plastic one (the DEI one is flexible plastic but when mounted, it stiffens up due to the form it takes across the back window). However, no one is making the hard plastic one anymore, but 402 motoring might have one in the works. Keep us posted on what you decide.

-Pat

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'd go with it color-matching Sublime cuz if you get the black matte piece, it'll blend into the rear window ... painted it will show itself off more

But then again there's the Wings West roof spoiler ..... looks sweet but at about $300, too much for me ...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've seen a GoManGo that had a carbon fiber spoiler, trunk, hood, side mirrors, front air damn, and carbon fiber replica wheels. It looked bad ass. I think you should try the carbon spoiler and maybe try a sublime green vinyl on the top of the wing. Make it say DAYTONA or something like that.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I've seen a GoManGo that had a carbon fiber spoiler, trunk, hood, side mirrors, front air damn, and carbon fiber replica wheels. It looked bad ass. I think you should try the carbon spoiler and maybe try a sublime green vinyl on the top of the wing. Make it say DAYTONA or something like that.
Didn't happen to snap any pictures of it did you?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not sure the roof spoiler is wide enough for any writing or not, havent seen one up close.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Didn't happen to snap any pictures of it did you?
Naw, i wish i would of got some pics. But if you just imagine a gomango daytona and just replace all the black matte parts with carbon fiber then you can kind of get an idea. I know that some carbon companies are offering their fiber in different colors. Id check with like carbon by design and see if they offer a carbon fiber with a green woven thread in it. Now that would be SICK!!! The only problem with carbon fiber is that it tends to be expensive.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I caution you with your spolier choice. It appears to be the same exact one I have, so dont be surprised if you get the thing and when you open up the package it seems like a flimsy piece of plastic. I had no idea that it was going to be like that when I got it and was not happy at all at first. However, like I said before, once the spolier is applied to the curve of the back window, it sitffens up and is not flimsy at all anymore. However, also like I said, make sure you clean the window VERY WELL before application because the corners of mine did not stick downwards to give it that nice bowed upwards look. Instead, the whole spoiler appears to be deflecting air up all the way across because the sides did not adhere well. I kind of like that Wings West spoiler, but id like to see more pics of it and find out where to get it from at a good deal. Still DEFINITELY prefer the VIP one though...

-Pat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts