Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the there fenders rolled? Did it help, and about how much? My car has been lowered with eibach pro kit for about two months, and lately my tire has been rubbing the fender....

·
Registered
964 Posts
ive done mine 2yrs ago. my rubbing went away.. i had to do cause of m 24s.. i rented the roller and did it myself... i rented the roller from rollyourfender.com he is a local guy to me but also shipz...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yup rolled mine and haven't had any problems unless it I hate a pothole

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
As the two above me said, you need to get it done when lowered. its almost the law haha. that should get rid of your rubbing issues. when you find a shop that can do it for you (or yourself), be sure to use a heat gun and heat up the fenders nicely before doing so to prevent the paint on the fenders from chipping - do this ESPECIALLY if youve already pulled the fender back a bit like i have

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I've never heard of this practice. You can adjust the flare of the fender? And without cracking the paint?

I'll check out that website.

-GB

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I've never heard of this practice. You can adjust the flare of the fender? And without cracking the paint?

I'll check out that website.

-GB
On the rear fenders, where the top of the wheel well is, the metal bends into the wheel well at a 90 degree turn. When you go to a fatter tire in back and lower the car. The tire/wheel tends to rub the edge of the 90 degree edge, of the metal. The fender roller is used to crease the 90 degree edge into a flat edge (folding up the 90 degree). Once your fenders are "rolled" the tire/wheel does not rub the metal anymore.

I installed some new 22" on my Magnum a few weeks ago. I am getting ready to install my suspension system and lower the Magnum. I know with the wider tires I went with in back, I need to roll my fenders. I just had my rear fenders rolled at lunch today at a local shop. They did both rear fenders in about 1 1/2 hours. They used the same fender roller that the guy in this thread rents out.

You can check out the fender roller on Eastwoods site and they have a video as well to watch how the fender roller works. My buddy Jay (Tork Monster) shot the video when he used the fender roller.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=6159&itemType=PRODUCT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts