Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a post that walked through the install to put 4 rocker switches between the radio and vents. Now I can't find the thread. Anyone remember it?

Has Billet or anyone looked into the feasibility of redoing the black bar with the hazards and ESP so that it would fit more buttons? I don't know what the black spacers next to the buttons do, but they just seam to take up space. Could fit 4 more buttons there or expand for even more.

Also thought another place for switches was in front of the coin holder in the center console. you could rest your arm on the armrest and hit the switches below with your fingertips. Anyone try this yet?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Has Billet or anyone looked into the feasibility of redoing the black bar with the hazards and ESP so that it would fit more buttons? I don't know what the black spacers next to the buttons do, but they just seam to take up space. Could fit 4 more buttons there or expand for even more.

Also thought another place for switches was in front of the coin holder in the center console. you could rest your arm on the armrest and hit the switches below with your fingertips. Anyone try this yet?
Great ideas!!! Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I recently saw a pic with a small switch panel mounted inside the ashtray.

Although I personally prefer to be clandestine with switch mounting and electrical stuff in general, the precision and look of the round switches installed in the radio bezel is very clean.

It's well thought out and measured before placement. That is the sign of a good mod....

One that works as described, installs as described and looks super clean.

I dig it all when people take time to do the project right.
+++

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was sitting in my car the other day thinking about the same thing as far as the front of the arm rest. I eventually want to get cut-outs & that seems like the perfect spot being right where your hand lays. It also seems like there is void space in behind the coin holders.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Saw a post that walked through the install to put 4 rocker switches between the radio and vents. Now I can't find the thread. Anyone remember it?

Actually, now that you mention it, I'm planning on throwing a switch plate in that exact area - in the coin holder next to the shifter. Still haven't decided how I'm going to fab it (ie - what material and finish) but I expect to figure it out within the next month ;-). I'll let you know how it turns out.

The black spacers is a great idea too but I think the last time I checked the ESP and Hazard buttons have a board behind them that takes up the whole area. Why? I'm not so sure....

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Actually, now that you mention it, I'm planning on throwing a switch plate in that exact area - in the coin holder next to the shifter. Still haven't decided how I'm going to fab it (ie - what material and finish) but I expect to figure it out within the next month ;-). I'll let you know how it turns out.

The black spacers is a great idea too but I think the last time I checked the ESP and Hazard buttons have a board behind them that takes up the whole area. Why? I'm not so sure....
Thats exactly what im doing bro check out our thread
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112427

1 - 7 of 7 Posts