Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get the painted ones? I got a late 07 model and it comes with the black ones and im not liking em at all

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Where can I get the painted ones? I got a late 07 model and it comes with the black ones and im not liking em at all
I am not liking what Dodge did by that look either. The rockers should be body color. You will have to paint your stock rockers in body color. When you order rockers from the factory, they will not be color matched, and will have to be painted anyways.

You can remove your stock rocker panels and take to your painter and still drive the car around if it is needed for daily driving duties. Then re-install the painted rocker panels after they are done being painted.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Yup, they no longer come painted ... they come black only, even if you order them for an SRT8 model and they go for about $190 each (black) ....

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
I like the black ones. Not sure why. :confused:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Look in the yellow pages under body shops, and you will find quite a few "mobile" paint vans who come to you, and paint what ever you want
right in your driveway. I have a guy here in Phoenix who I have used probably 10 times. These guys are always at the dealers as well, doing touch ups and bumper repairs. They would do both rocker panels for probably no more than $100. And you can drive the car 2 hours later.
I had them paint my SE's outside mirrors, and just had them paint that wing
thing over the rear window on my Magnum. Somebody keyed my daughter's car, and they painted both sides in my garage. I saved $1400 less than body shop bids. Give them a try. I swear by them.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Look in the yellow pages under body shops, and you will find quite a few "mobile" paint vans who come to you, and paint what ever you want
right in your driveway. I have a guy here in Phoenix who I have used probably 10 times. These guys are always at the dealers as well, doing touch ups and bumper repairs. They would do both rocker panels for probably no more than $100. And you can drive the car 2 hours later.
I had them paint my SE's outside mirrors, and just had them paint that wing
thing over the rear window on my Magnum. Somebody keyed my daughter's car, and they painted both sides in my garage. I saved $1400 less than body shop bids. Give them a try. I swear by them.
For small spots, I could see that being OK. To do entire body panels, I'd want it done in a PAINT BOOTH to keep contamination down to a minimum and then I'd want the paint baked on.

Best,

·
Registered
631 Posts
If you go here and search for 2007 Charger rocker moulding it shows them available in white at $126.40 a side.

http://www.newdodgeparts.com/dodge-parts.htm

Search body parts 2007 Dodge, then Charger, then Pillars rocker and floor, then Exterior trim , then Rocker molding, then white and there you go.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hard to believe you can not order them colormatched from the factory any more as a dealer replacement part...

:-/

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
If you go here and search for 2007 Charger rocker moulding it shows them available in white at $126.40 a side.

http://www.newdodgeparts.com/dodge-parts.htm

Search body parts 2007 Dodge, then Charger, then Pillars rocker and floor, then Exterior trim , then Rocker molding, then white and there you go.
This is awesome .... I found them in silver too for about $126 a piece .... at that price (painted) I may just go ahead and order them ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts