Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my srt new Oct 2005, has 6K on it I work 3 miles from my house so it does not see alot of road time. Behind the front wheels it has a white haze look, like sand blasted the paint off, some on the back rockers before the rear wheel. Has any one had this as a paint defect or is it from the tires kicking up very small peebles? I searched 3 forums with no luck accept adding mud flaps.

Has anyone paid to repaint the lower rockers?

Is it from crappy paint?

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I bought my srt new Oct 2005, has 6K on it I work 3 miles from my house so it does not see alot of road time. Behind the front wheels it has a white haze look, like sand blasted the paint off, some on the back rockers before the rear wheel. Has any one had this as a paint defect or is it from the tires kicking up very small peebles? I searched 3 forums with no luck accept adding mud flaps.

Is it from crappy paint?

x2, i have the same problem, i keep forgetting to mention it to the dealer, i need to take my R/T back in for the sunroof and trunk lid rubbing the bumper problems, anyone know anything about the rocker panels?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hired a detail guy to check it to see if its paint defect or something on the paint , I could hide it with black wax if it turns out to be chips. Maybe it needs some cool mud flaps with the chrome girl on the back or yosemite sam "back off"

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
hmmm, guess that gives me more of a reason to buy another brand of wax. what brand did you use? i have the mopar molded flaps of there, never thought of putting chrome girls on there :) ;) cool, thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
i got ir really bad in front of the rear tires like its been sandblasetd white prolly from trying to do 150mph runs to much on my part

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm, guess that gives me more of a reason to buy another brand of wax. what brand did you use? i have the mopar molded flaps of there, never thought of putting chrome girls on there :) ;) cool, thanks.
I have used Meguirs products for years, I heard xymol is great, On the lower sections , detail professional is using turtle wax Black, he claims it lasts longer but would not use it on the entire car.

·
Registered
620 Posts

Is it from crappy paint?
I have alot of that too. It seems to be most noticeable right in front of the rear tires where it flares out a bit. I mentioned it to the dealer, but he told me that there wasn't alot that could be done. They could repaint them, but it would happen again. I do have mud guards too. I installed them a month after I got the car. They don't seem to make a difference for what I explained above. I'm thinking that's why Dodge went to black rockers for the late '07s and 08s.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it is chips, I guess I will try the mud guards up front from 402 Motoring they paint them to match. It is the design of the car and the wide wheels. I would it assume its worst on srt /rt cars depending on tire width. It is a common issue onthe new Mercedes .

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
molded mud flaps don't help, i've had them on since i bought the car......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts