Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna buy the dark rockblocker tailight covers but wanted the reverse lights to still be exposed. Ive seen a few chargers like that and was wondering if they used the rockblockers and just cut em out or if there was another company they were going with that offered em that way

thanks ahead of time :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
You would install the tint, then cut the reverse areas and lift those back off. I'd bet it can be done without too much trouble.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have this warning at the bottom of your post.

**Warning**
To prevent over heating and possible burning of the fog light film do not leave fog lights on while at a stand still.

What about the headlights and the lenses themselves? Anyone else have a problem with the lens cracking under the film? As far as I know I haven't let the headlights on for an extended period while at a stand still.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I have seen many headlites with spiderweb-like cracking on them with rockblockers on them. I do not know if it is the rockblockers or the lenses themselves.

·
Supporting Vendor (bronze)
881 Posts
You have this warning at the bottom of your post.

**Warning**
To prevent over heating and possible burning of the fog light film do not leave fog lights on while at a stand still.

What about the headlights and the lenses themselves? Anyone else have a problem with the lens cracking under the film? As far as I know I haven't let the headlights on for an extended period while at a stand still.
That warning is for overheating of the adhesive on the film only. What you are describing is what is called crazing. ie spider cracking of the light. There is no direct link to our film causing any issue with this happening to lights.

Crazing is the downside effect to anything that is made from polycarbonate plastics, ie headlights, tail lights, canopy ****pits on fighter planes and so forth. It WILL happen to everything made out of polycarbonate plastic just dont know when it will happen. If your car is under warranty take it back to the dealer and have the light replaced under warranty.

There are lots of products and things that can accelerate the process to happen faster such as the oil in your fingers and Lemon Joy soap as well as the changing the bulbs to a higher wattage ie Silver Stars perfect example.

What happens is the tensional strength during the injecting molding process is the cause for the issue, but there is no fix on how to do away with this issue. Lotus the car company has even asked for exemption in Supreme court for five years so they can maybe find a solution to the problem.

GM just announced to all the C6 Corvette owners that they will under no circumstance replace the headlights on the new body vettes. Apparenlty this has gotten to be a very heated debate with Corvette owners and Gm themselves. I passed on all my info that I have to the local vette club to see if they can use it get GM to change their mind. But basically GM said they do not recognize an issue with the lights so they wont fix it.

Regional Field Rep for Toyota was quoted as saying that you cant even use car wash soap on headlights or you could possible damage the lights. The customer asked him so is that in the owners manual??

I could get really technical, but wanted to keep it easy to read. Hopefully this answers your question about the relation of our film and your headlights. If not do searches on google for headlight crazing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Can you provide some pics of the difference between the 20% Smoked taillight and the Dark 35% smoked? I ordered the dark but now I am second guessing myself. I hope it's not too dark. I still want to be able to see a tinge of red.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
"Crazing is the downside effect to anything that is made from polycarbonate plastics, ie headlights, tail lights, canopy ****pits on fighter planes and so forth.

that's why they call them "flight decks" now, so as not to offend the females who work around aircraft (stupid, I know)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts