Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was a discussion about this awhile back so after detailing the car today, and since I have both, I took a few photos so those asking can see the difference.

·
Registered
114 Posts
GTS blackouts are the second one?

Which one do you prefer? It looks like the first one is darker which might be harder to see at night.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I have the GTS blackouts myself and I like them. But a couple weeks ago it was raining pretty hard here and I had to pull over and take the covers off so the headlights were brighter. I guess that is a good thing for people to keep in mind.

Scott

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Looks good. I just got my covers and havent installed them yet. Did you remove that rubber gasket along the bottom. I tried to pop mine on and the gasket was too thick and I thought I was gonna end of breaking something. How is the fit and sides. I was worried it wouldnt match up to well.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
:smoke: Them RockBlockers are not that dark..
But I got GTS Headlight covers so I'll go with GTS..:grin:
Also AREMEL how did u get the GTS logo off the cover???

·
Registered
831 Posts

Which one do you prefer? It looks like the first one is darker which might be harder to see at night.
The GTS ones are in the 1st pic you can tell by how they bulge out a little bit and rockblockers is the 2nd pic. I like the GTS ones and since I have HID's I dont think I'll have a problem with seeing but maybe others might.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

The first picture is the GTS Blackouts and they were a bit difficult to use at night, even with the SilverStars. I like them better for looks but the RockBlockers are easier for day to day driving.

I like the blackouts.

Do they have a website?

I can't find them in Canada and I can't find anyone to ship them.
I think I got mine through Auto Parts Warehouse.

Looks good. I just got my covers and havent installed them yet. Did you remove that rubber gasket along the bottom. I tried to pop mine on and the gasket was too thick and I thought I was gonna end of breaking something. How is the fit and sides. I was worried it wouldnt match up to well.
I didn't remove the rubber gasket. Just a nice frim push and they pop in. I didn't like the fit at first, but after removing them a couple of times and redoing them, I figured out exactly how to place them perfectly. Trick for removing them - push the plastic in on the car just below the headlight and the Blackout comes right out.

:smoke: Them RockBlockers are dark..
But I got GTS Headlight covers so I'll go with GTS..:grin:
Also AREMEL how did u get the GTS logo off the cover???
Just scraped it off with my fingernail.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
:yes: Thanks for the info :smoke:

·
Registered
388 Posts
You can take the rockblockers on and off? i thought it was a tinted film?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can take the rockblockers on and off? i thought it was a tinted film?
No. I was talking about the GTS Blackouts. Those can go off and on. The RockBlockers can come off, but just once and you have to get new ones. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
388 Posts
So in the first pic, do you have the GTS blackouts over the rockblockers? Because they look really dark

·
Registered
45 Posts
The GTS blackouts look awesome. Just really dark, so youll probably have to take them off at night.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, the GTS Blackouts are over the RockBlockers but the effect when looking at them is about the same even without the RockBlockers. Of course, the headlights cannot put out anywhere enough light with both of them installed.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
alright well i definitely like the gts blackouts (the ones in the first picture) better. but i dont get how you take them off and put them on? how do they attach to the headlight? is it a difficult process? thanks.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
alright well i definitely like the gts blackouts (the ones in the first picture) better. but i dont get how you take them off and put them on? how do they attach to the headlight? is it a difficult process? thanks.
Its easy they slip right over the head light. :smoke:
GTS headlight covers come with a rubber spacer on the bottom that makes it tighter fit. I took mine off cuz its was way to tight around the headlight. Now it fixs perfect. Just make sure if you machine wash your car to take them off.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Its easy they slip right over the head light. :smoke:
GTS headlight covers come with a rubber spacer on the bottom that makes it tighter fit. I took mine off cuz its was way to tight around the headlight. Now it fixs perfect. Just make sure if you machine wash your car to take them off.
thanks for the reply!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts