Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I wrap the front of my car with Saran Wrap and just take it off once I get there... will that work? Seems like it should... but my luck would be that it melts to the hood and bumper. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
use the blue painters tape bro. works like a charm

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
i second the blue painters tape...
wrap your front in that and you won't have a problem.. just lay over the strips so that you don't miss anything.. it'll be a nice look with the white..

i would be afraid saran wrap would start melting.. and skrinking.. then it gets nasty.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
This is what I did before my quick road trip earlier this year

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
^^^ Nice!

Im surprise you didnt add some numbers or a pic to your doors lol :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Personally I wouldn't use anything other than a good coat of your prefered wax. I run through bugs all the time ...and I mean all the time. When I fuel up I clean the windshield and the headlights. I wasted so many grease bucks and butterflies on my last trip that bees were swarming my front thinking it was a flower. Wash it when you get there or evenings at your stops.

Garry
60k miles and climbing fast

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I use the Mopar bra for trips and gts covers for the headlights....Works for me...

·
Registered
224 Posts
You guys do know that there is a proffesional application that gets applied to your front end just for protection. It is easily applied, doesn't cost that much and is easily removed. It is transparent and will not effect the color of your car. You leave a bra on your car or put tape on your car and you WILL effect you paint and finish of the car. Go to the local detail shop, they should have this application I mentioned.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
You guys do know that there is a proffesional application that gets applied to your front end just for protection. It is easily applied, doesn't cost that much and is easily removed. It is transparent and will not effect the color of your car. You leave a bra on your car or put tape on your car and you WILL effect you paint and finish of the car. Go to the local detail shop, they should have this application I mentioned.
I put my Bra on just for trips and remove it when I'm done..i have NOT had any problems with mine, I got the Dodge Bra because it fits like a glove and is very car and paint friendly...I remove it when I get to my destination....I show my car in several states from where I live and drive to the shows....Remove when I get there and reinstall when I leave...I remove it when I get home...On yellow, bugs look BAD, and Larger bugs will damage the clearcoat and paint...Just think...June bug+70MPH+hit directly on front between headlight and grill= Paint chip!!!..Been there..done that......Just my .02:bigthumb:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
The front of my car look's like TopBanana's when the monarchs are migrating. When you take out 10,000 of those little dudes. It really knocks the dust off the wings taging them at 80mph. Leaves a hemi orange, banana, green, black psychodelickinda hugh. Now a swarm of bees sounds like someone peppering you with a 7 1/2 shot during dove season and I know for a fact the chin spoiler will decapitate a **** @ 70mph. I've been real lucky on the deer. I ran over one that was down (dead) and the back leg kicked up hard enough to crease my chrome clad rim.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Whats wrong with soap and water when you return?
I just recently finished @ 3300km road trip and hit the carwash in every small town that we spent the night in.....last thing i wanted was that many bugs cooked on. aside from the effort to get them off/damage to the paint, it just looked nasty.

i like people looking at my car.....not at the mess on my car.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I just recently finished @ 3300km road trip and hit the carwash in every small town that we spent the night in.....last thing i wanted was that many bugs cooked on. aside from the effort to get them off/damage to the paint, it just looked nasty.

i like people looking at my car.....not at the mess on my car.
Thats cool, but you obviously don`t know me. I prob. have the cleanest charger in texas.....it gets detailed 3 times a week regardless and i do the work myself. All i was saying is that i see nothing wrong with soap and water instead of masking the whole front end, which eventually WILL take your clear coat off along with bras. The friction from a bra is very hard on clear coat and will remove it Quickly

1 - 20 of 52 Posts