Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a quick road trip with my son, 28 hours - 1950 miles round, to Temple, TX. Longest trip in the Mango since purchase. Son just returned from Korea and needed to pick-up one of his vehicles. Even with my recent knee surgery I said what the heck, what better way to spend some quality time with my son than a Road Trip in daddy's Charger! Yes, it was difficult getting him from behind the wheel, but it's all good. I just wanted to share the highlights of the trip:

1. NavSys was perfect w/exception of new construction near city limits. Backed it up with Mapquest just in case.

2. For those who are familiar, had a WhataBurger for dinner, and breakfast prior to departure. A little pissed that I didn't get a dozen Texas donuts. ummmmm

3. Cruised at 10 over, averaged 22.2mpg with A/C. Highest temp in EVIC was 105f.

4. Cleanest restroom encountered was on an offramp, at night, because I waited to long. I think the grass appreciated my public urination.

5. Did not lose 1 pound of air or 1 drop of oil. Riding on the orig stock Mich and yet to hit the replacement indicator (35,400).

6. No LEO encounters, no panic stops, no extended traffic, 2 swerves around a blown T/Trailer tire, extremely comfortable seats, distortion free stereo even with the windows down and pumped-up.

7. Was prepared to stay in TX for 3 days, but the Acura started on the first click, and we deciided to eat, sleep and roll.

8. Washed bugs off yesterday, full detail starts Thu. if rain cease.

It's been great havin' the Sgt home, and he'll be enroute to Ft. Campbell this week. Did someone say road trips?
I Love my daily driver Mango!!!.............and my son. :grin:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
whataburger is the most amazing thing in the world. for the non texans out there. your missing out. everything is bigger and better here. especially our fast food burger joints. if your lucky enough to live near by like louisiana and some florida know what i mean!

and yes, the taquitos are divine

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Mmmm, whataburger, haven't been there in a while, and glad you enjoyed your visit. Drove my Daytona last Wed. from Florida to Texas and couldn't get enough, couldn't wait to wake up the next day to drive it even more around Austin.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Whataburger!! Love it, nice cruise recap!!!...I went to college in San Antonio....made the cruise to/fro Philly PA for 5 years.....I miss those burgers!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Glad you had a good trip and got to spend time with your son. When you next speak with him please pass on my appreciation for his service to our Country.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Glad you had a great trip. As for Whataburger, real Texans don't eat em. If you are every through Fort Worth Texas stop in at Kincaids and find out what a real Texas burger is all about!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
As for Whataburger, real Texans don't eat em.
Sez you.

The only real Texas burger's one you cooked yourself, from scratch, on a charcoal grill. And you must have consumed at least two beers while grilling.

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Maybe I need to drive down to New Mexico and see my pops now. I need a long car ride.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'll be back in TX for sure sometime in the future, and won't forget Kincaids. I'll pass on the Thank You's, and we appreciate them. He picked up a good deal on a CBR6 while in town from a Sailor, and he's waiting for the Challenger. Now I have 2 sons with bikes.:) :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I hate Whataburger. I like a good Angus burger grilled on my own back porch.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was travelin' so I didn't have much of a choice. Also I loved the service and freshly cooked meal.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I hate Whataburger. I like a good Angus burger grilled on my own back porch.
Good for you man......grill em up!!!!! I bet you cook up a mean one......!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts