Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AARGH!!!!!!! I am gonna lose my job looking for an RT with the road and track package. I've got my funding in place and no car to buy. I have never been so frustated in my life! I wish I'd never heard of the road and track package. Either they are red or they have stuff I don't need that make the price unattractive. I don't want a sunroof or Sirius so why should I pay for it? This suck so bad!! :mad:

As Iv'e said in other threads, I've ordered the exact car I want but I could lose my funding before it gets here. I am so close to settling for an RT without the package. Somebody talk some sense into me before I buy something I really don't want. :wink:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Im in the same boat. I ordered an RT with the Protection package on 7-29 and just realized last week that that option is delayed for several more months so I changed my order and added the Performance option and am looking at two to three months delivery.
Now I am searching existing inventories and trying to get a dealer transfer but this is like pulling teeth and I will have to get a sunroof, which I don't want, or something like rear seat video.
This could run off many Charger buyers who get too frustrated.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My truck was stolen, never to be seen again. The insurance paid for a rental for about two weeks, issued me a cheque and cancelled my rental two days later.

Long story short, I had about a week to find new wheels. I looked seriously at an Infiniti G35 and a Charger RT. Needless to say the Charger won hands down. But, I wanted the performance package, searched all dealer inventories in Canada and couldn't find any. The other option was at least a 3 month wait, which because of my predicament was out of the question. So, I took an RT without the performance package.

I must say I'm extremely happy with the car. In addition I've read numerous reviews that have said that the performance package does not result in a noticeable improvement in power (eg http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/New/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/38882/Act/Roadtest). I've also posted the question in this thread http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1805&highlight=versus and it seems the general form community agrees with me. It seems if you are serious about increased power then you would want to consider a decent after market exhaust and cai regardless of whether u have the performance package or not. Also, I'm not crazy about the idea of suede inserts in my seat, I prefer all leather.

Now from the other angle I have to admit that the $900 CAD option is more than worth it for the self leveling suspension and a deeper exhaust. I find it strange that the option is much cheaper in Canada than it is in the States, especially if you factor in exchange!! Anybody know why ??

·
Registered
481 Posts
you dont need the road and track performance package. straight through exhaust for ten ponies and a self leveling suspension for 1600.00. no thanks. just a opinion.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
noggy_t_doggy said:
My truck was stolen, never to be seen again. The insurance paid for a rental for about two weeks, issued me a cheque and cancelled my rental two days later.

Long story short, I had about a week to find new wheels. I looked seriously at an Infiniti G35 and a Charger RT. Needless to say the Charger won hands down. But, I wanted the performance package, searched all dealer inventories in Canada and couldn't find any. The other option was at least a 3 month wait, which because of my predicament was out of the question. So, I took an RT without the performance package.

I must say I'm extremely happy with the car. In addition I've read numerous reviews that have said that the performance package does not result in a noticeable improvement in power (eg http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/New/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/38882/Act/Roadtest). I've also posted the question in this thread http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1805&highlight=versus and it seems the general form community agrees with me. It seems if you are serious about increased power then you would want to consider a decent after market exhaust and cai regardless of whether u have the performance package or not. Also, I'm not crazy about the idea of suede inserts in my seat, I prefer all leather.

Now from the other angle I have to admit that the $900 CAD option is more than worth it for the self leveling suspension and a deeper exhaust. I find it strange that the option is much cheaper in Canada than it is in the States, especially if you factor in exchange!! Anybody know why ??

Okay, that's it. N Doggy sold me. I knew I'd do CAI and exhaust anyway. I don't like the limiter news. Don't know why it should make me feel funny. I've never driven a car over 120 anyway. :wink: I'm going from a 3000 GT to the Charger. My thinking was the performance pkg. would ease the adjustment a little. Research say the steering is a little tighter and the ride a little stiffer. I actually like to feel the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts