Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I hope to get a charger real soon. My question is about the road and track package. From what I understand you get 10 more horsepower when you select this package, along with better susp., seats, etc. What in the package gets you the 10 extra horses? And can you really notice a difference between the reg. rt and a rt with the rt package? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You get a little better intake and exhaust.. With this comes a different "engine controller" probably tuned to take advantage of those two items....

·
Registered
202 Posts
search! there's a million topics on this subject as it is.

think of the r/t package as the daytona without the stickers.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
There is a LOT of info on this but you should look at the seats on the R/T and one with the package. In addition to the HP (that you may not feel) you will see a big difference in the seats. Also, the suspension is different and there is a significant difference in handling as well.
For me, no question about going with the package.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Does that mean the touring suspension? I'm confused not sure if mine has this road performance package or not. Mine has Electronics Conv Group,Conv group ll,sound group ll,6CD/FULL MAP GPS display, Sirius radio and UConnectthands free and auto dimming.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
XXL HEMI said:
Does that mean the touring suspension? I'm confused not sure if mine has this road performance package or not. Mine has Electronics Conv Group,Conv group ll,sound group ll,6CD/FULL MAP GPS display, Siriurs radio and UConnectthands free and auto dimming.
You got a lot of goodies. The package should have been about a 1600 option on sticker. Your wheels would have been chrome with blacked out inserts (before you went rolling on 22's)and of course your seats would be more like buckets with side bolsters.
By the way, what did you do with the stock rims.....?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
i just noticed on your bio that you are a UPS guy. You are a hero around here. You bring the Charger mods to the front door. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
U.S Mail is ok by me! My local PO is awesome.
That car is a bit pimped :happy:

So you are saying the car has more of a split bench seat?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
XXL HEMI said:
No they are bucket seats with power pedal adjustment and seat adjustments. Does anyone have a picture of the other seats?
Sounds like you do have the "right" seats. Are there bolsters at the thigh area?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I'm half asleep. Forgot, the seats will also be leather on the sides with a suede insert down the middle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts