Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone MO here from RKSPORT. Just want to let everyone know that we are having a special for Charger and DodgeTalk forum members. For $675 in the 48 sates (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada) + Tax for California residents Shipped to a business location this hood could be yours. Normally the hood goes for $795.95 + Shipping + Tax for California residents.This is a functional ram air hood. So don't miss out the opportunity.
Give me a call.

Best regard,

Mo
800.214.8030 @ Extension 11
[email protected]

·
Registered
549 Posts
Awesome hood and I can't wait to see it painted. BTW what is up with the bumper......that doesn't look stock either.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Looks Sweet.. But As Bstowers Asked Can We Get A Pick Of The Underside... Thanks And How Much Is The Front End Going For..??

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
Awesome hood and I can't wait to see it painted. BTW what is up with the bumper......that doesn't look stock either.

Theirs:

Stock, courtesy of Bstowers image gallery (thanks in advance, BS:))

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that front end looks like the srt8 front end...doesn't it???? you can see one over at leeparts.com. looks the same - i think. the hood not to sure about. looks like a mustang hood the way it goes all the way to the window. my fav. is still the srt8 hood.

·
Registered
382 Posts
GoDaddy said:
that front end looks like the srt8 front end...doesn't it?
Hmmm, looking at the one from the forum's front page, they don't match up:

The lower grille opening goes all the way to the top of the fog light area on theirs, but not on the SRT-8. The area is shaped differently, too, it seems -- both lower grille and fog light area are upside down from the SRT-8, curves on the bottom and sharp angles on the top. Plus, it is missing a divider from the fog light area. It does have the built-in air dam of the SRT-8, although the look is different (solid area above it on theirs). Looks like someone working on another custom piece, or just modding theirs for fun. Perfect time to do it I would think, since I'd say paint is going on soon. Stay tuned, I guess.

I like them both, but I'm afraid "functional" means the scoop just dumps the air into the engine compartment. I really hope I'm wrong, and I've got the Visa card to prove it. :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I want a shaker hood. I dont care if its functional due to the design of the engine I would love to have the shaker.

·
Registered
549 Posts
bstowers said:
I like them both, but I'm afraid "functional" means the scoop just dumps the air into the engine compartment. I really hope I'm wrong, and I've got the Visa card to prove it. :)
No the hood is really functional as in the air is dumped into the air box. They make a hood for the Magnum and my VP has it on his car and loves it. I shall see if I have any pics of the under side of it since they appear to be about the same.

Later

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here is the one for the Magnum but alas I do not have pics of the underside....can't imagine why :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey bstower i was asking around about the "functionality" (is that word) of the srt8 charger hood and it seems that functional means that there is air getting to the engine but not a air box set up (ram air).....kind of sucks huh?

now that you put the pics together there is a huge difference...i was too lazy to go look it up...sorry...i like both front fascias but i still just don't know about that hood...too mustang for me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
Here is the one for the Magnum but alas I do not have pics of the underside....
I found one from the Magnum hood (may or may not be how the Charger hood works):

You can just barely make out where the scoop area sort of funnels over to a square area that mates to the top of the CAI box.

Not sure how I feel about that....

·
Registered
549 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
I want a shaker hood. I dont care if its functional due to the design of the engine I would love to have the shaker.
There is a company that does shaker style hoods but they so far have only done one for the Magnum: http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/

I have asked the question before if they were considering on making one for the Charger and have yet to recieve a response in over a month so I guess they are probably busy getting ready for SEMA.

Later

·
Registered
549 Posts
bstowers said:
I found one from the Magnum hood (may or may not be how the Charger hood works):

You can just barely make out where the scoop area sort of funnels over to a square area that mates to the top of the CAI box.

Gawd that is a gorgous looking paint job on the underside of the hood and everywhere come to think of it.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
bstowers said:

would rain be a concern with that setup...but it does look functional....a little more air being pushed in has to help out a little. srt8charger - did your buddy say it helps any with the cai?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't think it really adds much ram air effect but the car still looks and sounds mean as hell. I can ask him if he noticed any gains from it at higher mph....I can already tell you the answer but I will ask anyway. The only sticking point between me buying that one and buying a standard SRT-8 hood is the price and quality ofcourse. Being functional or not is irrellevent to me at this time but it had better fit and not cost a fortune to have a body shop mess with it to get it right.

Later

·
Registered
549 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
OOhhhh me like shaker and they made it functional mmmmmmm Visa prepare yourself.
Yeah it is functional but not for the Charger....kinda wondering if it will still work since the LX cars are essentially the same under the skin....per say

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
still waiting for the srt8 hood then....damn the wait

·
Registered
382 Posts
GoDaddy said:
but it does look functional....a little more air being pushed in has to help out a little
Yeah, technically, I guess. My SLP hood on my 96 Imapala SS had the air intake mated directly up to the hood. That's what I was hoping for in terms of "functional."

1 - 20 of 52 Posts