Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These type of posts always bummed me out.......This one is particulary hard since it's my pride and joy. They say everything happens for a reason and hopefully the reason for this mess will become evident soon! NO one was hurt except my pride (never been in an accident in 31 years of driving)

Insurance covered what was left on my loan and now in the midst of a job search I am not sure when I will get around to replacing her....My car club here has been super supportive and I know there is another Dodge in my future!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
So sorry to see this ..... but it looks like somebody is rebuilding her ... am I mistaking ?

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Oh FRAK!

NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo.... :(

I thought this was gonna be another one of those "My dog died" threads.

This is MUCH WORSE.

Jeeezzzz..... :(:(:(

Sorry.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So sorry to see this ..... but it looks like somebody is rebuilding her ... am I mistaking ?
That was the teardown for the estimate.....over 13K estimate on a car booked at 18k. Arkansas requires the total of the car. I think it could be rebuilt, however I don't have the resources. My loan is paid off I am changing jobs and will have to wait till I land somewhere to purchase another Dodge (maybe a challenger or the White Daytona)

I have taken her wheels and most other aftermarket parts. It makes me ill to even be in the shop with her:(

At least no one was hurt in the accident!

I will post when I replace her........

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
sorry to hear about this, you are right everything does happen for a reason hang in there things will work out, and like you said nobody got hurt thank god for that. god was watching out for you. glad your alright

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
how much was the damage again? and did you have gap insurance.. the gap i have will give you an extra 5grand on top of it if it totaled

·
Registered
298 Posts
That sux man im sorry, she was beautiful

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Oh FRAK!

NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo.... :(

I thought this was gonna be another one of those lame "My dog died" threads.

This is MUCH WORSE.

Jeeezzzz..... :(:(:(

Sorry.

-=FLEX=-

how are those threads lame exactly? I happened to have started one of those in the passed. My dog was my best friend. He was with my all day everyday and I still miss him after a year. So if mourning over the death of a loved one is lame then I guess I'm lame :slap:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
oh yeah, forgot to tell you, I'm sorry about your car man

·
Registered
467 Posts
Damn man, that sucks... From one Arkansan to another, I hope everything gets better. It could've been worse, you could have had to come up with the money for the rest of the loan. You'll bounce back soon enough.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
sorry about your car man, I would feel the same way, at least you can save a few things from it for the next ride. hope everything works out in the future, and glad no one got hurt. used SRT maybe? :)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
how are those threads lame exactly? I happened to have started one of those in the passed. My dog was my best friend. He was with my all day everyday and I still miss him after a year. So if mourning over the death of a loved one is lame then I guess I'm lame :slap:
I'll agree with you there SRT8U, I had to put my last dog down a few years back, it was the hardest thing ever. but I won't veer off topic. once again sorry for the loss of the OP's Charger and your dog SRT8u.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Dang...I hate looking at these threads. glad your ok...sorry bout your ride.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
hey just outta curiousity, how fast were you going and what did you hit... it looks like you either hit the gaurd rails or a taller type truck... glad your ok and all.. thats what matters the most... and it doesnt look like you air bags blew, did they, because sometime they crack teh windshield and yours looks to be ok...

and not to be an azzhat or anything, but since no one else called dibs on anything.... if your able to buy the car back from teh insurace comp.. i would be more than glad to buy your leather seats front and back and as well as teh hood... my body guy could fix the hood if you wanna sell it cheap... let me know homie

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey just outta curiousity, how fast were you going and what did you hit... it looks like you either hit the gaurd rails or a taller type truck... glad your ok and all.. thats what matters the most... and it doesnt look like you air bags blew, did they, because sometime they crack teh windshield and yours looks to be ok...

and not to be an azzhat or anything, but since no one else called dibs on anything.... if your able to buy the car back from teh insurace comp.. i would be more than glad to buy your leather seats front and back and as well as teh hood... my body guy could fix the hood if you wanna sell it cheap... let me know homie
it was a low speed crash...I hit a mid 90's mercury marquis that was stopped. the air bags didn't deploy and there was no frame damage.
I pulled the wheels off and the rest went to the salvage yard in Fort Smith AR:(

I am looking for a job and didn't have the funds to buy her back (I wouldn't have the heart to part her out anyways)

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
wow....13K? 2 front fenders at what...$100? A Front clip at $600? A hood $500? Paint call it $1000, and throw another $1500 for other stuff. No frame damage and the bags didnt blow?

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
x2 that hardly sounds totaled.

However, I am very sorry about your loss.

And Flex, come on dude, "lame" dead dog threads? I also love my dogs as if they are my family, in fact, they ARE my family.

Maybe you didn't mean to come off like that but for once I was offended (which is hard to do) especially since my main man is near his end...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts