Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liquid Metal Magma rims (black). It took almost 4 months to get them after ordering due to backorder and they are made in Japan. Well here I am 3.5 months later and the clear coat is coming off of 3 of them. I went to a local Discount Tire store (bought them from Discount Tire Direct) and they said that they would get me 4 new ones and replace them under warranty no questions asked (I gotta hand it to Discount Tire/Direct they've been nothing but overly helpful in this matter).

Anyway, they call me back a few hours later and tell me the news.. They called Liquid Metal directly and they stated they do not have any of those rims. The DT guy said he didn't know if that meant they were being discontinued or if they were temporarily halting production or what.

Now on the upside, he did find a store in Ohio that had 3 new rims that I need (however they were originally going to replace all 4 even though the 4th didn't show signs of clear coat problems). They also could find several complete sets of their Charcoal colored rims. I personally do not like how charcoal color looks against my black car.

So.... I opted to go ahead and have them get me the 3 they can get ahold of. I mean each rim comes with a 1yr warranty so I have until march of 2010 for that 4th rim to get clear coat problems and hope they are in production again, else I guess I'm looking at paying to have it clear coated again by a paint shop out of my own pocket and who knows how in the hell THAT will turn out :|

Ever do a mod on your car that seems to never stop haunting you and you wonder why you even did it in the first place now?

·
Registered
310 Posts
that really sucks man.... i went with forte rims... they were pretty cheap but have never had one problem yet... check'em out they make stuff that will go awesome with our brilliant black cars...

but to answer your question i cant think of a mod yet that has caused me much trouble.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble, Yes anybody that has
done major mods on their ride has definitely had a mod done that either
they didnt like or it just did not work out.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Ever do a mod on your car that seems to never stop haunting you and you wonder why you even did it in the first place now?
yeah my entire K5 Blazer...the damn thing fights me the entire step of the way. 1 step forward, 3 steps back. spent about 6 hours on it yesterday and the only thing that had gotten acomplished is the antenna and the electric choke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts