Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some input on putting on the RiderGraphix decals. Is this a DIY job or do you suggest a body shop? I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I buy this stuff and mess it up. Any help would be appreciated. Also, what's the ease of installation of the honeycomb grill?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Most of our customers do their own installations. All of our kits come with detailed instructions and application squeegee.

If you are not comfortable at first, try the smallest decal and move up from there. The other suggestion I have is that you make sure the surface temperature of the body is not too hot and not in the sun. This will give you more time to work with the decals.

If you are not willing to try it yourself, any local body shop or window tint shopshould be able to help you.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I need some input on putting on the RiderGraphix decals. Is this a DIY job or do you suggest a body shop? I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I buy this stuff and mess it up. Any help would be appreciated. Also, what's the ease of installation of the honeycomb grill?
It's pretty easy, you just have to make save points, thats what i call it...so you know exactly where to put the decal so it will come out perfect....get a nice mixture of soap and water...stated in riders guide...spray it all over the area...then spray if on the sticky side of the decal...then apply it to your save points...then squeegee that crap out of it...not too hard,,,but hard enough to get the water from under the decal. And if u have small bubbles, leave them alone...they will disappear with time...I have about 5 small bubbles...it just kept annoying me, so I popped 3 and left 2...well now my decal has 3 small pin holes, and the other 2 disappeared :D

Honeycomb grill is pretty easy...get an extremely small screwdriver that can fit in ur hand..move the hood latch panel...right under the ram logo is 2 screws remove those...then there are 2 screws...1 on each side or the crosshair...wiggle ur screwdriver in there and unscrew that...and its downhill from there

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I had a window tinting pro do mine a couple of times then did it myself. Not difficult, although the trunk blackout didn't work out. I gave up on it and left it off. The rest look great though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Alot....The hand-eye coordination ain't what it used to be!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
The first wet installation I ever did were the rocker panel stripes on my car.

I did quite a bit of research, asked for recommendations in this forum and followed the detailed instructions that came with the stripes.

I also had an extra pair of hands to help and it made a difference.

Above all, I feel my best move was to ask RiderGraphix to provide me with for some scrap material along with the stripes. They did it and included a few strips of leftover material. It allowed me to get the feel of it before attacking the real thing.

The first side I did has a small misalignement that bugs me, but not enough to redo it. The other side is perfect. Bottom line is: I take pride of having it done myself.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
The first wet installation I ever did were the rocker panel stripes on my car.

I did quite a bit of research, asked for recommendations in this forum and followed the detailed instructions that came with the stripes.

I also had an extra pair of hands to help and it made a difference.

Above all, I feel my best move was to ask RiderGraphix to provide me with for some scrap material along with the stripes. They did it and included a few strips of leftover material. It allowed me to get the feel of it before attacking the real thing.

The first side I did has a small misalignement that bugs me, but not enough to redo it. The other side is perfect. Bottom line is: I take pride of having it done myself.

Here here, I totally agree!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts