Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've ordered a set of quarter panel stripes from Rider--pretty fast service.

Their instructions mention using Dawn Original dish soap as part of the wetting process, and they're being very insistent on not substituting with anything else.

I must've done 12 different local stores by now, and none of them carry it (!!). I don't want to take any chance and pick something else at random that'll eat through the glue or dissolve it over the long run, or cause the decals to fade or anything like that.

I've emailed them asking for suggestions for alternatives, but have yet to get a response. In the meantime, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else's got suggestions. I know it's probably not such a *huge* deal, but surely it can't hurt to seek out the most common alternative...

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I dont think it matters if it is scented or not
mine was scented, and so technically NOT original. Installed all my own decals, they all came out great.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
My good friend owns a tint shop. He let me use his shop to install my Ridergraphics, to the Bee. I used his own mixture of soapy solution that he uses to install window tint. It turned out fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow every walmart i have been to has dawn.
Yeah--I've seen Dawn in just about every store, but not Dawn Original, which the instructions are very insistent upon. I figured there's gotta be a reason they mention that, specifically.

Well, what the hell--if I still haven't got a reply from them by tonight, I'll see what else equally mild I might have (I think I'll go for the 'other' Dawn). Rider's got a pretty good reputation around here, so it's not like I'm going to try to hold them accountable if things don't hold up (pardon the pun).

I think the fact that nights around here are getting colder the longer I wait is more important than exactly what soap I'm using to install the decals...

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Yeah--I've seen Dawn in just about every store, but not Dawn Original, which the instructions are very insistent upon. I figured there's gotta be a reason they mention that, specifically.

Well, what the hell--if I still haven't got a reply from them by tonight, I'll see what else equally mild I might have (I think I'll go for the 'other' Dawn). Rider's got a pretty good reputation around here, so it's not like I'm going to try to hold them accountable if things don't hold up (pardon the pun).

I think the fact that nights around here are getting colder the longer I wait is more important than exactly what soap I'm using to install the decals...
I used Palmolive, and it works just as Dawn would...they are all the same

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've had the same problem. When I emailed them asking for alternative, they offered no brand alternative, but recommended to get specialized fluid from professional shops.

I could not find a grocery or a Wal-Mart type type of store that carried this specific dish soap.

I finally resulted to tour the local drugstores and after 4 or 5, I found one that was selling it.

RiderGraphix seem to be very customer-oriented, as throughout the buying process they were very helpful, they shipped with good installation instructions and the product I received was top quality.

For the purpose of helping their customers, I would recommend they experiment with alternative solutions, as many of us seem to have trouble finding the recommended product. I know they read these threads, so hopefully they will be able to help their future customers.

...Ben...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still haven't got a reply from them, and my Sent folder says it's been sent ([email protected]), and I didn't get a bounce message, so in all likelihood they did receive it.

Well, whatever, I'm not gonna hold that against them, the price was in the range I was willing to pay, they were quick to ship, the decals look good, and their reputation here is what convinced me to buy from them.

I'm not gonna start dissing them or not recommend them. Now if only it would stop raining, I could get it over with... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts