Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my 20's on and had to get use to the ride difference. I am rolling a SE so it is probably softer than the upper models. I read many post on here saying they didn't feel much difference in the ride with the 20's. I was going to go with 255/40's, but my order got messed up and I got impatient. I ended up going with 275/40's on all four. They don't rub, not even in reverse. I don't know what offset my rims are because I bought them used off a guy that had them on his Crown Vic. They are 20X8.5. I won't be riding it hard, I only ride hard on my motorcycle at the track, so no real concern about the width of the rims. I have to get them rebalanced because they have a bit of a wobble going on at 65-75mph. Other than that, they are smooth. The bumps in the road are definately more defined....... I have thought about selling these and going to an 18". I also don't plan on lowering it because of ride quality. They are Wanli tire's... cheapies I know. They aren't very noisey and will do for my purpose.. a more aggressive look. I am also considering going with Blastin Bob's Y pipe exhaust, but not sure I will like the loudness

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The Y pipe with the Magnaflow resonators add very little sound at all.
A slight amount of rumble on the inside, and I have the Magnum which obviously has an open back end over the trunk area. A Charger with a closed trunk/seat would probably be even more quiet. On the outside, you here a little rumble. Very pleased with the setup. The install is so easy, and you even have the cutout on the left side. All you need is a hacksaw and a socket wrench.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
It could be your tires making it harsh.
I went from the 18's to the 20's the same time I installed the SRT suspension, so its a lot rougher, but I dont think much has to do with the tires.
Give it a week and you wont notice the difference anymore :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts