Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yellow RT, was wondering if anyone has ever thought of, or seen, someone take and basically put a bra on a car using Rhino Lining? I am having a heck of a time with rock and sand chips on the front end of the car, and think it might look pretty nice since I would be putting black on yellow. Anyone have any thoughts on this one??

·
Registered
282 Posts
i have problems with my Tob banana as well. Well as far as chips showing very easily. especially in the fron. I would put rhino liner on it. thats a bit extreme. but 3m and of few other company have a protective clear skin that you can put on the vehicle. My friend has it on his Infinity and I couldnt even notice until I got very very close. maybe somebody can post the companies i was talking about. I know 3m is one of them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The Rhino Liner would look AWFUL on the front end of any vehicle. It is very bumpy and dull looking. Sure it would stop anything coming trowrds your front bumper, but as nice as your top banana is, that would ruin the whole car!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Rhino Liner would look AWFUL on the front end of any vehicle. It is very bumpy and dull looking. Sure it would stop anything coming trowrds your front bumper, but as nice as your top banana is, that would ruin the whole car!
My understanding is that there is a smooth form of it, and it can also be put on in any color. I have heard that there are some owners out west in the Rockies that are doing it to other vehicles, mainly SUV's. I may have to find a dealer close by and get some input from them too. Heck, maybe I will set a trend...lol....or be painting the car again, which I would have to do before I put the 3M clear on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Rhino, speedliner are not the answer, sure they work but look ugly. I looked into this as well. I know 3M clear gaurd is the product and most body shops have it, you can have them apply it and cut or order a kit like this
http://www.empireclearshield.com/site/1325795/page/620856

and apply yourself or a body shop.

After looking at the cost I decided to do nothing, but stay back in traffic and trucks. It would be easier for me to justify repainting the nose every couple years then to buy the kit

·
Registered
376 Posts
They can apply it as smooth as they want, it just does not look good. It is made for truck bed's, not exterior parts. I had line-x in the bed of my dodge ram, and thats the only place I would put it. My buddy has rhino in his wheel wells on his dakota and to me it looks awful in there.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Please dont put Rhino lining on the front of your Banana. How horrid would that be?? How would get it off should you decide or worse NEED to sell it? There are plenty of products out there designed for this, use a clear bra, hell get one of the ugly bras Mustangs use, but do NOT put Rhino lining on the front of your car, you would only live to regret it

Tom

·
Registered
287 Posts
To join the chorus...it's not a good idea. One it would look horrible. Like you plasti-dipped your front end. Second, Rhino fades quickly. I had it in the bed of my truck and while it was the best for a bedliner after awhile the color went from red to orange. Lastly it absorbs stains and unless you clean it right away the stains set in.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Please dont put Rhino lining on the front of your Banana. How horrid would that be?? How would get it off should you decide or worse NEED to sell it? There are plenty of products out there designed for this, use a clear bra, hell get one of the ugly bras Mustangs use, but do NOT put Rhino lining on the front of your car, you would only live to regret it

Tom
Sorry, but that was the statement of the day.. gotta get my mind out of the gutter.:knockout:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I won't lie...

Every time something or someone else damages my paint I've thought about getting my whole damn Charger rhino lined.

It would like the car needs a shave... but if it protects my sheet metal and damages the jerk who bumps, dents, or scrapes me it'd be totally worth it.

In the end though I like inferno red too much to cover it all up.

BUT! if had a pickup truck i'd do it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Save your pennies, have the front end resprayed, and get the clear bra. Most tint shops can also install it. I've got it on my TorRed, and unless I pointed it out, you'd never know I had it. It's that invisible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts