Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on locking the RF-Hub? I have no problem buying two extra keys but I’m concerned with not being able to update my RF-Hub in the future…Is the benefit worth the cost? What updates could come out in the future that I’d miss out on?
Font Monochrome photography Paper Document Monochrome

·
Premium Member
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Daytona in F8 Green.
98 Posts
I've wondered this myself. In 30 years of owning cars I have never lost a key. I can just see it that this would be the first after I get this done.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What are your thoughts on locking the RF-Hub? I have no problem buying two extra keys but I’m concerned with not being able to update my RF-Hub in the future…Is the benefit worth the cost? What updates could come out in the future that I’d miss out on? View attachment 302486
What does it cost to get an extra keyfob made before the lockout update?

Also, can they do this update and still keep the original Valet Mode (ie no conversion of 250HP Valet to 3HP Security Mode)?

Also I was told it’s not aftermarket equipment but actual dealer equipment used in the keyfob duplication by thieves.

·
Premium Member
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Daytona in F8 Green.
98 Posts
What does it cost to get an extra keyfob made before the lockout update?

Also, can they do this update and still keep the original Valet Mode (ie no conversion of 250HP Valet to 3HP Security Mode)?
I think it's around $300, but not sure if that includes the programming or if it's just the fob.

Not sure this is the same procedure as the valet mode change. I could be wrong, but I think think they are separate things.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had it done last week. I haven't tried out the valet mode to see if there's been any change. I don't expect there will be.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I had it done last week. I haven't tried out the valet mode to see if there's been any change. I don't expect there will be.
Meaning they didn't do it right?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Is this being “RF” is then just for stealing and replicating the EV keyfob remote RF signal? Something you can prevent by putting it in a shielded holder?

Not the OBD programming method?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is this being “RF” is then just for stealing and replicating the EV keyfob remote RF signal? Something you can prevent by putting it in a shielded holder?

Not the OBD programming method?
It completely locks out the ability to create new keys for the car. The letter warns you that if you want extra keys then you need to do it before the rf module update. If you decide later if you need new keys you have to replace the rf module in the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts