Charger Forums banner

Revised 4.7L V8 Magnum

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  fluffykush 
#1 ·
The new revised engine makes 300hp. Do you guys think that would be a good engine for the Charger? Just thought it would be nice to have something just above the 3.5L. For those who want a V8, but don't need all that performance of a 5.7L Hemi.

Chrysler won't do it. Just wondering what you guys think?

#2 ·
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea at all...especially when the HEMI gets a power boost in 2009/2010.

#4 ·
they added twin spark plugs to each cylinder (a la hemi) bumped the compression ratio and a few other things that escape my memory now. i dont think it is a good idea for the charger now. i think one v8 is enough for a family car. especially since the hemi can be well mannered around town. however if they ever do a poll in favor of the 2.7L im voting that sucker out of the engine bay.

#6 ·
Hope they did something to improve fuel economy. I never pulled better than 13-14 in my Durango with the 4.7 and thats why it got traded for my Pacifica with 20 more ponies and 24 mpg. Now I know the Durango is a heavier vehicle, but only by 400-500 lbs. The curb weight of my 03 was 4600 lbs. The engine would need to pull 10 mpg better to be practical in the Charger.
With gas prices going up, no one is going to want that engine if it puts out less HP than a Hemi and gets the same milage as the SRT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.